stilletto's '11 Subaru WRX Sedan

Repaired the largest of paint chips, along with a few smaller ones, on my car today. Came out decent. Pretty much what I expected.
Went over this specific area three times, with each pass filling the chip a little more. I'm sure I could get it perfectly smooth if I went over it a few more times, and used a squeegee instead of my thumb, as suggested by instructions, but it's just too damn hot outside. As far as the smaller chips go, I couldn't even find them once I looked away. Pretty sweet.

8u7yby5e.jpg

Don't waste your time doing that, or else you'll be wasting half of your life trying to touch up chips and scratches from Subaru's shitty paint jobs.

Not too worried about the tiny chips, but there were a couple big ones that needed attention.
I'm well aware the paint will NEVER be perfect.

Not too worried about the tiny chips, but there were a couple big ones that needed attention.
I'm well aware the paint will NEVER be perfect.

I gave up on my Subarus after 3 months. Doesn't really hurt the resale value.

Just wait until you've owned it for a few years.. I've owned mine since May 2007... lol

Don't think I've ever owned a car for more than two years. Uh oh.

Oh.. Yeah mine has been paid off for a few years now (2 years almost) so having no car payment is nice.

I've only owned one car that I bought myself. I've driven other cars (2 of them).

'89 Chevy Corsica (Parents car but I drove it until '03)
'96 Honda Accord (Graduation Gift from grandparents in 2003 - they had it from '96-'03)
'07 WRX ( I bought myself brand new)

Bought my current car with cash, my last two WRXs I owed about 16-17K on them when I traded in after a year, I just can't see the commitment in a new car that would have to last for a 5 year payment term.

Great thing is that the current WRX holds value well, the demand is crazy for them.

Only reason I bought Used. Couldn't find a Base Model New.
The only cars I ever actually owned were the many DSM's I've had. Still want another.
The GS-X and GS-Ts were some awesome cars that you rarely see now.

Last DSM I owned was a 1997 Eclipse GST.
Over 350whp on an Evo 16G and E85.
..sold it and bought an engagement ring. Haha.

Reactions: Nix
Went "Camping" down in Amboy, IL this weekend. Little spot called "Woodhaven Lakes". Decided to hit the dirt roads a little bit, and WOW! driving these cars the way they were meant is a freaking blast! Need to find an old Bugeye or something that can take a beating.

On another note, I'm hearing rumors of a Cobb Accessport V3 being released the first week of August. Dunno' about the legitimacy though..

sy5y3ade.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

According to COBB, it will ship out in 1-2 weeks.

Any info on why?
Updates are mainly cosmetic. ..I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

^This!

More so looks and minor features.

Not worth the upgrade from a v2 which I have. Especially since all my maps for my protune are on the v2.

Not sure if transferring them over would cause issues.

Back