2012+ Honda Civic Suspension Options With Product Info & Links

I'm not really liking the Enkei symbol. I think it's too big. Is it a decal?

I'm not really liking the Enkei symbol. I think it's too big. Is it a decal?

Yah I was shooting for smaller decal. However, that is what I got so i figured its worth a try. :\

Ill possibly plastidip them same as body color. You think that would work better?

Yah I was shooting for smaller decal. However, that is what I got so i figured its worth a try. :\

Ill possibly plastidip them same as body color. You think that would work better?

How about 'H' decals? You can also try dipping them in black or a close to matching color.

So... I was procrastinating again and came across a part number for the Race Spec version of Buddy Club Coilovers.

Hidden in this mess of part numbers: http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/catalog/downloads/BUDDYCLUB.pdf

BC02-RSD12FB Buddy Club Racing Spec Damper Kit Civic 12-up Non Si $1,859 NEW
BC02-RSD12FB2 Buddy Club Racing Spec Damper Kit Civic 12-up Si only $1,859 NEW
Nothing about spring rates though =\

Should I cut the bump stops for the H&Rs? Its not listed on their list of models to cut.
It feels annoyingly bouncy on freeways/kinda unstable(dunno if it has anything to do with it). Would cutting make it even more unstable?

I think I bottomed out on dip a few times on a dip this week......(extra info)

Should I cut the bump stops for the H&Rs? Its not listed on their list of models to cut.
It feels annoyingly bouncy on freeways/kinda unstable(dunno if it has anything to do with it). Would cutting make it even more unstable?

I think I bottomed out on dip a few times on a dip this week......(extra info)

I did mine because i saw your post ! hehehehe

If they don't say to trim them, I wouldn't. The factory bump stop is there to limit the strut travel so that it doesn't damage itself or other parts of the suspension. With the shorter spring you are just reaching that limit sooner.

Maybe a small, like 1/2" trim would help a little.

Some of the instability you are feeling is the strut struggling to control the oscillations of the spring. The spring rates on the H&R is I believe about 10% stiffer than the stock ones. The spring essentially has more force than the strut can control easily.

The HFP suspension offers a stronger strut and a spring matched to it. Also this one of the reasons people eventually upgrade to a better strut like a Tokico Blue or Koni Yellow down the road.

If you guys are both driving LX models there is something you can do that will help with the instability. I noticed with my LX that on the highway and especially behind large semi trucks I felt that the car was floating all over the place. I felt that the rear of the car was very very loose and felt like it was not planted firmly. Upgrading the rear sway bar will help with this a lot. It's the first thing I did to my car, even before springs. The ride improved a lot and the car settled down even before changing springs & struts.

If they don't say to trim them, I wouldn't. The factory bump stop is there to limit the strut travel so that it doesn't damage itself or other parts of the suspension. With the shorter spring you are just reaching that limit sooner.

Some of the instability you are feeling is the strut struggling to control the oscillations of the spring. The spring rates on the H&R is I believe about 10% stiffer than the stock ones. The spring essentially has more force than the strut can control easily.

The HFP suspension offers a stronger strut and a spring matched to it. Also this one of the reasons people eventually upgrade to a better strut like a Tokico Blue or Koni Yellow down the road.

If you guys are both driving LX models there is something you can do that will help with the instability. I noticed with my LX that on the highway and especially behind large semi trucks I felt that the car was floating all over the place. I felt that the rear of the car was very very loose and felt like it was not planted firmly. Upgrading the rear sway bar will help with this a lot. It's the first thing I did to my car, even before springs. The ride improved a lot and the car settled down even before changing springs & struts.

Having an inch cutted out from bumps stop is no good ?? H&R

I couldn't say for certain. The possibility of damaging the strut is there but I don't know of anyone who has tried it yet. You might be completely fine.

The fronts have enough junk going on with the spring being short that I don't think you would run into an issue there. The rears are more likely I think. If you do blow a rear strut they are fairly inexpensive and easy to replace.

I'm sure companies err on the side of caution very heavily so they can't be blamed if something does go wrong.

Last edited:
JoeLiu lowered his car and did not run camber kit in the rear and no camber bolts in the front. He did post his alignment sheet and you can see that his fronts are way off: One side Positive camber the other Negative. Both rears are over -2.2 degrees. This is on coilovers but he is at about a 2" drop.

got an alignment. probably going to run without a camber kit for a while, no moneysss

photo_zps90e51080.jpg

Last edited:

Thank so much for your input. Very helpful as always.

So if i see the shock (front) basically riding on the bump stops (stationary), this is okay?

It would seem then that you are loosing any kind of travel and the bump stop is the essentially the "shock absorber".??? I was theoretically attributing this to the weird ride.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think that H&R, Eibach prokit, or other 1" to 1.5" drop springs would cause you to sit directly on the bump stop. Pics would definitely be helpful if you could. Its possible that the bump stop in the front has simply slipped to the bottom of the strut "rod" and you can see it but you should have a black accordion dust boot covering that part.

Last edited:
Well mine is , ive checked it a lot of times , i did jump on my front door to see how it moves ( movement is not gonna reach .2 inch ) ,i tried to put my finger and feel the gap between the rubber and the struts and i can't feel any gap between two stuff . And when i cut the rubber the car sits lower ,almost half an inch .

Last edited:
Back