May 2015 Non-Dragon Official Business Thread

Sorry I messed up this whole thing guys. I feel pretty crap about it.

Just means a bigger party in September, that's all, with built-in interest coming from TOD. I like it. Keep in mind Ivan controls quite a few properties... could actually accommodate 50-60. Sounds flexible with $$$$. Once we get guys hooked on DiamondBack, Ultimate Loop and the rest, it'll be good to know him and have a consistent group of properties in that area. Despite the hassle i'm okay with the way it turned out. (While Normar settled for a beer as payment... i'm charging a bottle of Chardonnay and a trip around Blood Mtn, although not necessarily in that order)

Just means a bigger party in September, that's all, with built-in interest coming from TOD. I like it. Keep in mind Ivan controls quite a few properties... could actually accommodate 50-60. Sounds flexible with $$$$. Once we get guys hooked on DiamondBack, Ultimate Loop and the rest, it'll be good to know him and have a consistent group of properties in that area. Despite the hassle i'm okay with the way it turned out. (While Normar settled for a beer as payment... i'm charging a bottle of Chardonnay and a trip around Blood Mtn, although not necessarily in that order)

You have to come down for Sept, deal is if you can keep up with me on the dragon, you get one night free and your registration fee refunded in full ;)

I already took off a few weeks ago from work and wanted to come down in May for other reasons as well.

You have to come down for Sept, deal is if you can keep up with me on the dragon, you get one night free and your registration fee refunded in full ;)

I already took off a few weeks ago from work and wanted to come down in May for other reasons as well.

About your offer. After what happened to Nix last year, i'm not likely to go all out on the Dragon ever again. Not worth it. But there are other fine roads deserving of our rubber too, and where we wouldn't get pinched so easily.
(Then again, if I got TWO free nights and my registration fee refunded...)

BTW, I WILL be there for @death_roll September TOD party. That's the only reason I was willing to postpone May, knowing Death had our backs.

Rock the Dragon is over for another year. This year 217 people, 150 cars. The roll-out from Fontana took almost 30 minutes.

Sorry I messed up this whole thing guys. I feel pretty crap about it.
Don't sweat it Nix, you're a good guy, life happened, we all adjusted accordingly, I'm looking forward to September now even more with the potential new side excursion.

About your offer. After what happened to Nix last year, i'm not likely to go all out on the Dragon ever again. Not worth it. But there are other fine roads deserving of our rubber too, and where we wouldn't get pinched so easily.
(Then again, if I got TWO free nights and my registration fee refunded...)

Oh I will settle the score in May, but then no more fun til Sept. I'm glad you're coming back for the main event, it's not the same without you there.

I might just keep my Subaru until then, afterwards @k757 can just take it home. I'll be off to other things.

Don't sweat it Nix, you're a good guy, life happened, we all adjusted accordingly, I'm looking forward to September now even more with the potential new side excursion.

For Sept, we're definitely doing the RT276 loop by Waynesville, @Nix told me a lot about it. So I think one of the drives like blood mtn or moonshiner might be dropped.

For May, my room is reserved at the Microtel for 3 nights, I'll be there from 5/21 - 5/24, it'll feel wierd not staying at Fontana and being right in Robbinsville.

For Sept, we're definitely doing the RT276 loop by Waynesville, @Nix told me a lot about it. So I think one of the drives like blood mtn or moonshiner might be dropped.

For May, my room is reserved at the Microtel for 3 nights, I'll be there from 5/21 - 5/24, it'll feel wierd not staying at Fontana and being right in Robbinsville.

Blood Mtn was just something Nix raved about, and it was already on my way.
We still plan on doing it before TOD, starting from Copperhead Lodge:

http://thelodgeatcopperhead.com/index.cfm?Content=13

Blood Mtn was just something Nix raved about, and it was already on my way.
We still plan on doing it before TOD, starting from Copperhead Lodge:

http://thelodgeatcopperhead.com/index.cfm?Content=13

Well for September, I'll be doing another overnight drive down, so maybe Wednesday we can schedule some kind of drive somwhere, like a Skyway loop since it's closer, then RT28, RT276 loop, Blood Mtn, etc. and other suggestions.

Don't hurt my car

It was given a workout tonight, getting in shape for the summer.

I want to make a day trip in may. Just depends on if I can get the e30 in shape.

Got 1 month or so to go. For May, I'm planning on driving around the immediate area (Dragon, skyway, RT28, maybe do blood mtn / N.GA stuff early one morning).

If i was within a 1000 miles i'd be there.

Got 1 month or so to go. For May, I'm planning on driving around the immediate area (Dragon, skyway, RT28, maybe do blood mtn / N.GA stuff early one morning).
Check out Devil's Triangle, Wayah Road, The Snake, Rt 28 to Franklin, Rt. 28 from Franklin to Highlands (Bridal Veil Falls and Dry Falls on this road).

Check out Devil's Triangle, Wayah Road, The Snake, Rt 28 to Franklin, Rt. 28 from Franklin to Highlands (Bridal Veil Falls and Dry Falls on this road).

Ran everything highlighted, the others I'll see if we can get a drive in for those during the summer.

In May, I might do the N.Georgia drive and come back on Wayah rd. But I'll only be there 3 days and it's memorial day weekend.

Ran everything highlighted, the others I'll see if we can get a drive in for those during the summer.

In May, I might do the N.Georgia drive and come back on Wayah rd. But I'll only be there 3 days and it's memorial day weekend.
From all reports food is exceptional in the restaurant, which closes at 9:00. Call ahead if you're running late.

If you can get an early start Friday, this itinerary promises an epic ride: https://goo.gl/maps/YZGCk

I wouldn't do Blood Mtn on the weekend (too many locals) especially Memorial. Do during the week or save for Sept.

If you happen to be up that way: Little Switzerland and Rt 226A. Combine it with Rt 80 and you're good to go.

Back