Not quite a Civic... but still fun

You need to get yourself a garage with a small living space attached. I bet you could fix that car up proper yourself. I've seen your electrical wizardry.

need a lift so i can drop the engine regularly but other than that i think youre right

Reactions: Nix
:omg:

$100,000 is the current bid (12 total bids so far)

3-6-940x636.jpg

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1977-porsche-930-turbo-carrera/

Latest update is there is no update, car is still sitting. Dad found a bubble in the hood so that might be going out for paint again, it looks like the paint never adhered to the metal. If the paint shop stripped the zinc plating on the steel during prep im gonna be a very unhappy customer.

Mechanic is still claiming nothing is wrong with the CDI box, next time im in the shop im going to grab a wrench and just take the box out of the car, send it off to a company i found that will replace the internals with modern digital ones and set a rev limiter in the ignition box instead of the centrifugal one in the distributor

Modern electronics is probably not a bad idea. You're turning in into a "Singer" piece by piece.

arent the singers 3.7 double plugged and on webber carbs?

I have no idea! I'm not knowledgeable on Porsche stuff at all. They are way expensive but eh, moderned up old Porsche... sounds like the road you're heading down. You'll be in the restoration business yourself in a few years if you keep it up. hahaha

upon closer inspection theyre using fuel injection, and offer engines ranging from 3.6-4.0 liters

god i want to build a monster flat 6

when i get there im there around 745, gotta warm the oil and pray for no breakdowns

Thanksgiving update.... still in pieces

latest purchases
s-l225.jpg

fuel-dist-011.jpg

964-620-104-00_FUEL-PUMP_911-964-993.jpg

cnc_unit_on_wooden_box.jpg

Fuel pump relay, new fuel distributor since the twice rebuilt one still isnt holding even or correct pressures, new fuel pump (go figure those noises ive been saying arent normal for years are suddenly bad), and my personal favorite the CDI+ tuneable ignition system.

Mechanic didnt like the CDI+ when i described it to him, but once i made him put it in the car and get it set, go figure it was the smoothest the car has run to date. The box has all kinds of drivability improving features like double sparking at idle and low rpm (it will actually willingly drive 25mph now), the ability to set electronic ignition advance instead of relying on centrifugal advance in the distributor and in general a much more consistent and stronger spark than stock but at lower voltage that doesnt tax the coil. Plus the guy who designed and sells it is an engineer and i had a lengthy conversation with him about it.

Hood is off for paint, the whole hood is being blasted down and reprepped, in addition to the bubble, someone had recently taken a rag to try to dust the hood, only it looks like they picked the rag up off the ground cause there were tons of deep scratches from rocks in the rag all over.

CDI+ also means if some day say carrera RS camshafts finds their way into the engine, the advance curve can be adjusted to optimize the engine for the new configuration. Its all adjustable from a laptop interface

software.jpg

yes it also has the ability to configure a launch mode

Hood is off for paint, the whole hood is being blasted down and reprepped, in addition to the bubble, someone had recently taken a rag to try to dust the hood, only it looks like they picked the rag up off the ground cause there were tons of deep scratches from rocks in the rag all over.
Is this the same place that had done previous repairs?

Back