KW pulley boost psi

so what's the limit without blowing up the motor, is the new R motor tougher then then si motor.

so what's the limit without blowing up the motor, is the new R motor tougher then then si motor.
I've told you numerous times that the engine is not the weak point. 4th gear in the transmission is the spot that has failed a few people in the 450-475 wheel horsepower range on hard pulls. Multiple users are 600-800hp on the motor, but they built the trans.

well gee I don't remember that,. How long does a 600HP engine last? :coffee:

well gee I don't remember that,. How long does a 600HP engine last? :coffee:

There are a few over 1000hp with upgraded internals. Bisimoto’s shop hit over 1000hp at the 2011 sema show. Quite a few are ~450hp to the wheels with stock internals without issue. 4th gear has been the weak link in the high 400’s+. A handful of users have had 4th gear break on hard pulls in that hp range. There are a few builds here in the 600hp range with some upgraded internals. Moral of the story is you’ll blow 4th gear before the engine fails from what has been shown here.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/t...g-2012-honda-civic-sema-build-revealed….2919/

Ok, the srt-4 won't blow their gears and go right by the Honda-. SRT-4 neon faster-Honda will out handle on rough roads- daily rider vs 90% race car-SRT-4- extreme duty 5speed-works extremely well-with rare Hurst shifter-Honda a weakling tranny-vs the beast-Zero chance beating srt-4 except for a rare tuner like me>!!@@@ use to speed!

Prl motorsports and fullrace are prob the two most popular. ~450 is pushing the trans. That tends to be the spot where 4th gear in particular has gone for a handful of users. It’s the weak link.

racing tranny

a few users are above 1k hp to the wheels including the 2012 sema build by bisimoto. So it lasts.... at least 8yrs seeing as how that's how long the car was built.

wait a min stock engines, is what I got so who cares what rich clown can make a 1000Hp with a gold plated engine?

not the only one who might need this info. k24 seems to be over built.

I have also explained to him on many occasions what the weak points are, what the limits are for the transmission, and the motor also what they are made of.

I know the tranny is the weak point, most 6sp are weak compared to a 5sp. It is good to know that honda has a great engine at least the K series. I don't like the honda 1.5 turbo. The R 2 turbo is totally different.. It won't really matter to me too much unless I boost the engine. My idea when I bought the honda si hasn't changed really just wanted a super NA four-cylinder high rev engine and do basic thing like cai - exhaust -tune. I just wanted a sporty car 2 door coupe with a moon roof that would last a long time. Mitsubishi ev0 6sp is also weak. None has shown me a link of the stock honda engine build that I don't have to buy a special book to see. specs on rods pistons , engine block. type of rings a whole bunch of specs that is not online. Not interested in rebuilding Hondas engine at huge costs, just base line facts. it seems honda is keeping this info secret. How does the honda cool pistons? If honda is hiding this info makes me believe Honda's engine maybe very over rated. I have seen quite a few blown up honda engine's that tells me not much either as they were all beat on. :confuzzled:

I know the tranny is the weak point, most 6sp are weak compared to a 5sp. It is good to know that honda has a great engine at least the K series. I don't like the honda 1.5 turbo. The R 2 turbo is totally different.. It won't really matter to me too much unless I boost the engine. My idea when I bought the honda si hasn't changed really just wanted a super NA four-cylinder high rev engine and do basic thing like cai - exhaust -tune. I just wanted a sporty car 2 door coupe with a moon roof that would last a long time. Mitsubishi ev0 6sp is also weak. None has shown me a link of the stock honda engine build that I don't have to buy a special book to see. specs on rods pistons , engine block. type of rings a whole bunch of specs that is not online. Not interested in rebuilding Hondas engine at huge costs, just base line facts. it seems honda is keeping this info secret. How does the honda cool pistons? If honda is hiding this info makes me believe Honda's engine maybe very over rated. I have seen quite a few blown up honda engine's that tells me not much either as they were all beat on. :confuzzled:
What do you mean no information on the K series engine? They make books that have full brake downs of how to build the B, H, K, F, D series engines. Along with lot's of information across the web that i have given you. There is even full DIY G23 builds online. It is no secret to the honda engine you can call the dealership or factory and ask them.

Maybe honda is afraid that china will steal their tech, oh I am sure they already have.:lildevil:

Companies buy other vehicles to take them apart to view what they have done to make improvements to their own design. Nothing mass produced is a secret.

If you go on Google you can find the information you are looking for. I already once posted links to websites such as Super Street and VTEC.net and other forms with information on the K, B, H series motors. You can even find information on Isuzu and Mitsubishi forms from people doing special builds and using parts from honda. @webby probably has heard of people in the Suzuki community using the solid steel bottom end component's from the D16. I can't remember the exact motor off top of my head.

Back