KW pulley boost psi

Discussion in 'Forced Induction & Nitrous Oxide' started by voodoo50, May 8, 2015.

1. sunofwolf

sunofwolf Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    honda SI 2013 35% tinted Hondata coupe. SRT-4-Sold ! VFR-800-11750 rpm! Neon 2001!
    Body Style:
    coupe
    so what's the limit without blowing up the motor, is the new R motor tougher then then si motor.

2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

I've told you numerous times that the engine is not the weak point. 4th gear in the transmission is the spot that has failed a few people in the 450-475 wheel horsepower range on hard pulls. Multiple users are 600-800hp on the motor, but they built the trans.

3. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    honda SI 2013 35% tinted Hondata coupe. SRT-4-Sold ! VFR-800-11750 rpm! Neon 2001!
    Body Style:
    coupe
    well gee I don't remember that,. How long does a 600HP engine last? :coffee:

4. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

a few users are above 1k hp to the wheels including the 2012 sema build by bisimoto. So it lasts.... at least 8yrs seeing as how that's how long the car was built.

mySIck likes this.
  5. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    wait a min stock engines, is what I got so who cares what rich clown can make a 1000Hp with a gold plated engine?

6. dpetro1

dpetro1 Well-Known Member

@webby you deserve some kind of patience medal. Why do you even reply to this dude? It's hopeless.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mySIck and webby like this.
  7. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    not the only one who might need this info. k24 seems to be over built.

8. mySIck
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

mySIck Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    I have also explained to him on many occasions what the weak points are, what the limits are for the transmission, and the motor also what they are made of.

9. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    I know the tranny is the weak point, most 6sp are weak compared to a 5sp. It is good to know that honda has a great engine at least the K series. I don't like the honda 1.5 turbo. The R 2 turbo is totally different.. It won't really matter to me too much unless I boost the engine. My idea when I bought the honda si hasn't changed really just wanted a super NA four-cylinder high rev engine and do basic thing like cai - exhaust -tune. I just wanted a sporty car 2 door coupe with a moon roof that would last a long time. Mitsubishi ev0 6sp is also weak. None has shown me a link of the stock honda engine build that I don't have to buy a special book to see. specs on rods pistons , engine block. type of rings a whole bunch of specs that is not online. Not interested in rebuilding Hondas engine at huge costs, just base line facts. it seems honda is keeping this info secret. How does the honda cool pistons? If honda is hiding this info makes me believe Honda's engine maybe very over rated. I have seen quite a few blown up honda engine's that tells me not much either as they were all beat on. :confuzzled:

10. mySIck
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

mySIck Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    What do you mean no information on the K series engine? They make books that have full brake downs of how to build the B, H, K, F, D series engines. Along with lot's of information across the web that i have given you. There is even full DIY G23 builds online. It is no secret to the honda engine you can call the dealership or factory and ask them.

11. sunofwolf

Vehicle Model:
    Body Style:
    coupe
    Maybe honda is afraid that china will steal their tech, oh I am sure they already have.:lildevil:

12. mySIck
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

mySIck Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Sedan
    Companies buy other vehicles to take them apart to view what they have done to make improvements to their own design. Nothing mass produced is a secret.

If you go on Google you can find the information you are looking for. I already once posted links to websites such as Super Street and VTEC.net and other forms with information on the K, B, H series motors. You can even find information on Isuzu and Mitsubishi forms from people doing special builds and using parts from honda. @webby probably has heard of people in the Suzuki community using the solid steel bottom end component's from the D16. I can't remember the exact motor off top of my head.

13. mySIck
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

mySIck Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Sedan