Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

oem "honda" glass is going to cost probably 3x any replacement "glass" a body shop or glass shop will charge. Their windshields are sometimes 5x+ the cost of others. I'm not aware of any etching/markings on the rear glass towards the bottom, but you can look. Some glass has a faint brand or marking on them. That'd be about the only way someone would be able to tell it wasn't "honda" glass. Again, you can just look at the lower portion of the glass and see if you see any markings.

Reactions: Tak
something like this -----

xOowCdU.jpg

oem "honda" glass is going to cost probably 3x any replacement "glass" a body shop or glass shop will charge. Their windshields are sometimes 5x+ the cost of others. I'm not aware of any etching/markings on the rear glass towards the bottom, but you can look. Some glass has a faint brand or marking on them. That'd be about the only way someone would be able to tell it wasn't "honda" glass. Again, you can just look at the lower portion of the glass and see if you see any markings.

Great information.

I don’t mind using aftermarket. But does aftermarket the glass protect the same way as oem when a collision happen?

Another question. Someone just told me Geico full coverage covers glass damage. Do you happen to know? How can I claim it through insurance? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are differences when it comes to windshield glass and the layer thicknesses. The side glass is essentially just.... glass. It's not going to be different on the sides. I know some states cover windshield glass replacement free, and some have like $50 deductibles, but I'm not aware of side window insurance. Every state is totally different on their coverage. It may totally exist. You could just call them and they'd be able to tell you in seconds.

Just replaced my current mix tire setup ( front pair - worn out old version Continental DWS + rear pair Bridgestone potenza) with all 4 new Continental Extreme contact DWS06. Car feels like a new ride now.
f3fda20924734c6291ba296beb5bac6d.jpg

Last edited:
Just replaced my current mix tire setup ( front pair - worn out Continental DSW + rear pair Bridgestone potenza) with all 4 new Continental Extreme contact DSW06. Car feels like a new ride now.

You made the right decision, my friend. I'm 100% pleased with my DSW06 set. I drive hard and aggressively, these DSW rubbers are promising. It handles wet tarmac naturally. I personally feel I get more tractions on wet tarmac than dry tarmac ironically. Enjoy your ride's new kick. Have fun, my friend !

I used those DWS and they are good,:guitar::bananawhipdance::brock: but Michelin 3+ are far better.

You made the right decision, my friend. I'm 100% pleased with my DSW06 set. I drive hard and aggressively, these DSW rubbers are promising. It handles wet tarmac naturally. I personally feel I get more tractions on wet tarmac than dry tarmac ironically. Enjoy your ride's new kick. Have fun, my friend !

Thank you. I feel my car is reborn. My old version Continental DWS was good. Bridgestone was noisy. The response is equivalent. But Bridgestone is bad on snow.

I’m keeping 215/45r17. So when I buy another rim, I’m keeping on 17”, probably 17x8.

I used those DWS and they are good,:guitar::bananawhipdance::brock: but Michelin 3+ are far better.

I was thinking about Michelin 3+, but it’s expensive and Continental has $70 prepaid visa promotion. And I’ve been due for front set replacement. So I was like, “let’s roll”. Haha [emoji38]

any tire with good tread is ok, but I am much more picky, The Michelin's were on sale when I got them and they really much better. And why aren't you using 225 45 17.

Just replaced my current mix tire setup ( front pair - worn out old version Continental DWS + rear pair Bridgestone potenza) with all 4 new Continental Extreme contact DWS06. Car feels like a new ride now.

How are the DWS06 with road noise? Are they pretty quiet and smooth for the most part? I have some Hankook tires and I feel like their a bit loud. I don't remember the exact tires I have off the top of my head.

They're quiet. My ride sport these tires. Here are the details on these tires on the manufacturer's site:

https://www.continentaltire.com/product/extremecontact-dws06-23555zr17-99w

I promise you and @Tak will not be disappointed with these tires.

@ElDiabloBlanco @Verzerrung

I confirm that this DWS 06 is engineered so well and it’s quite equivalent to Michelin AS3+. My friend had AS3+ on his R18 and I know how well it does on his r18.

I did a full test drive on local streets and expressway with curve and straight line last night. This tire is so quiet. I don’t hear anything any road noise like to my old Bridgestone RE980AS that I could literally hear the road noise even I only had a pair installed in rear. The tire is very responsive and smooth which is comparable to RE980AS and better than my old version Continental DWS. I know some roads have some bumps. With my old setup, I felt more. With this DWS06, the feeling of bump is reduced a bit.

In the curve, it takes so well like it eliminates some body rolls. In some curves I know I don’t have confident to beat, this tire does well. I was able to push the speed higher and I don’t feel “loose” like old days. I’d imagine my car would beat the curve so well if Id be pairing this tire with a better suspension.

Regarding why I’m sticking with 215/45r17, the reason is that I don’t want to go with 225. It’s a thicker tire and i know it’s gripping the road better. But I found my friends r18 with 225, the steering is more heavier. I didn’t like that heavy feeling. Maybe it’s working better on a Si.

Hello everyone

How are you doing?

So today my civic was not lucky.

I was driving normal as usual. After driving local streets for a while, I heard some clunking noise from the engine. So I pulled over and did some sound and visual diagnostics. I could hear the sound from pulley is “kinda” loud and noisy.

So I was like, let me get it checked sometime this week. When I was driving back home over the bridge and highway, I was smelling some burning out. I was like shoot, “is the car gonna smoke and cause fire?” I was immediately driving fast and then exiting off the highway.

After I exited, I opened up the hood then smelled burning somewhere near the pulley. Like if I put my nose near pulley , I smelled it. If i put my nose near battery, I didn’t smell anything.

I called a few friend but found one Honda guy who gave me an advice. I could be Ac compressor, pulley, belt, tensioner, etc. it doesn’t sound like coolant running hot.

I took his advice and drove off slowly under 20mph with all Window open and not use any AC. I made home safely.

So tomorrow, I need to find a mechanic to fix. My trust mechanics are 8 miles away if I could make it there. I live close to official Honda dealership but I probably get charged like robbing.

What’s the problem I’m experiencing and what’s the fix? Will I make it to my trust mechanic to do a repair?

Thanks

Pulley/bearing could be stuck and the belt is slipping over the pulley. Does the inside of the belt look toasted?

Pulley/bearing could be stuck and the belt is slipping over the pulley. Does the inside of the belt look toasted?

I will have to look at it in the morning time. I was night time and dark. My flash light can’t see it well.

I thought about going to mechanics tomorrow. Do you think I can make it off to my trustable mechanic about 8 miles away?

Back