Tak - The <3 of my 9th Gen Civic FB2

Discussion in 'Build Threads' started by Tak, Jun 15, 2016.

1. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

oem "honda" glass is going to cost probably 3x any replacement "glass" a body shop or glass shop will charge. Their windshields are sometimes 5x+ the cost of others. I'm not aware of any etching/markings on the rear glass towards the bottom, but you can look. Some glass has a faint brand or marking on them. That'd be about the only way someone would be able to tell it wasn't "honda" glass. Again, you can just look at the lower portion of the glass and see if you see any markings.

Tak likes this.
  2. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

something like this -----

[​IMG]

3. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    LX
    Body Style:
    Sedan (FB2)
    Great information.

I don’t mind using aftermarket. But does aftermarket the glass protect the same way as oem when a collision happen?

Another question. Someone just told me Geico full coverage covers glass damage. Do you happen to know? How can I claim it through insurance? Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

There are differences when it comes to windshield glass and the layer thicknesses. The side glass is essentially just.... glass. It's not going to be different on the sides. I know some states cover windshield glass replacement free, and some have like $50 deductibles, but I'm not aware of side window insurance. Every state is totally different on their coverage. It may totally exist. You could just call them and they'd be able to tell you in seconds.

Tak likes this.
  5. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    LX
    Body Style:
    Sedan (FB2)
    Just replaced my current mix tire setup ( front pair - worn out old version Continental DWS + rear pair Bridgestone potenza) with all 4 new Continental Extreme contact DWS06. Car feels like a new ride now.[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    webby, bootyluvr and ElDiabloBlanco like this.
  6. ElDiabloBlanco

ElDiabloBlanco Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe Si
    You made the right decision, my friend. I'm 100% pleased with my DSW06 set. I drive hard and aggressively, these DSW rubbers are promising. It handles wet tarmac naturally. I personally feel I get more tractions on wet tarmac than dry tarmac ironically. Enjoy your ride's new kick. Have fun, my friend !

Honda-Fan, bootyluvr and Tak like this.
  7. sunofwolf

sunofwolf Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    I used those DWS and they are good,:guitar::bananawhipdance::brock: but Michelin 3+ are far better.

Tak likes this.
  8. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    LX
    Body Style:
    Sedan (FB2)
    Thank you. I feel my car is reborn. My old version Continental DWS was good. Bridgestone was noisy. The response is equivalent. But Bridgestone is bad on snow.

I’m keeping 215/45r17. So when I buy another rim, I’m keeping on 17”, probably 17x8.

9. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    LX
    Body Style:
    Sedan (FB2)
    I was thinking about Michelin 3+, but it’s expensive and Continental has $70 prepaid visa promotion. And I’ve been due for front set replacement. So I was like, “let’s roll”. Haha

ElDiabloBlanco likes this.
  10. sunofwolf

sunofwolf Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic SI
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    any tire with good tread is ok, but I am much more picky, The Michelin's were on sale when I got them and they really much better. And why aren't you using 225 45 17.

11. Honda-Fan
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

Honda-Fan Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic LX
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    @sunofwolf
    ...Which car do you have Michelins mounted on?

12. webby
    • Staff
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

webby Administrator

his civic for winter. firehawk indy 500 for summer

13. ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe Si
    Leon the Neon

14. Honda-Fan
    • 2019 Toys For Tots

Honda-Fan Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic LX
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    Sunofwolf IS a Neon. :rotfl:

Ah, okay.

fahnix, ElDiabloBlanco and Verzerrung like this.
  15. Verzerrung

Verzerrung Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe
    How are the DWS06 with road noise? Are they pretty quiet and smooth for the most part? I have some Hankook tires and I feel like their a bit loud. I don't remember the exact tires I have off the top of my head.

16. ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model:
    Civic
    Body Style:
    Coupe Si
    They're quiet. My ride sport these tires. Here are the details on these tires on the manufacturer's site:

https://www.continentaltire.com/product/extremecontact-dws06-23555zr17-99w

I promise you and @Tak will not be disappointed with these tires.

Tak likes this.
  17. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Vehicle Model:
    LX
    Body Style:
    Sedan (FB2)
    @ElDiabloBlanco @Verzerrung

I confirm that this DWS 06 is engineered so well and it’s quite equivalent to Michelin AS3+. My friend had AS3+ on his R18 and I know how well it does on his r18.

I did a full test drive on local streets and expressway with curve and straight line last night. This tire is so quiet. I don’t hear anything any road noise like to my old Bridgestone RE980AS that I could literally hear the road noise even I only had a pair installed in rear. The tire is very responsive and smooth which is comparable to RE980AS and better than my old version Continental DWS. I know some roads have some bumps. With my old setup, I felt more. With this DWS06, the feeling of bump is reduced a bit.

In the curve, it takes so well like it eliminates some body rolls. In some curves I know I don’t have confident to beat, this tire does well. I was able to push the speed higher and I don’t feel “loose” like old days. I’d imagine my car would beat the curve so well if Id be pairing this tire with a better suspension.

Regarding why I’m sticking with 215/45r17, the reason is that I don’t want to go with 225. It’s a thicker tire and i know it’s gripping the road better. But I found my friends r18 with 225, the steering is more heavier. I didn’t like that heavy feeling. Maybe it’s working better on a Si.

bauer311 and ElDiabloBlanco like this.