Honda si 2013 TNPS senors can not be programed by tire shop.

Will honda will be getting some money out of me to fix the buggy software. I will bug them to pay for it or make a complaint with the safety board. I had three shops say only honda can turn off the sensors lights and annoying bing sound. Sense this a defect all 2012-2013 honda si have honda should be paying to fix it. I have four working OEM sensors all working yet the computer says low air pressure-no reset button. I have seen problems like this on a lot of new cars. I am bringing the car to Honda dealer Friday to fix it. This is a test of Honda's customer service. Even though this is not really a major problem but it is important that car makers stop sending out unfished cars then running away from the bills people have to pay to fix it. The car is 7 years old not ten years old when req to fix this stuff expires maybe. I will have the dealer turn the dash light out, butt only having it return at a later date. I change tires constantly and have a basement full of tire's

I was going to go then I found a leaking wheel sensor, so I didn't want to pay again if I had to replace the wheel sensor-its e worst kind of air leak very slow , but it had only 22 pds in it when it should of had 33pds. I got a problem-I just filled it up again sitting for two days down 2pds of air. If it sat a week maybe be down to 22pds again. I guess, I will have to take the tire off and being it to the tire shop and see if they can find the air leak.. This is a nightmare. How many wheel sensors do I have to buy? I am thinking of putting in the new sensors back on that I bought -no tire shop was able to program them and I don't know if honda can either. Any way I need to drive the car 500 miles in three weeks, I have to fix it , my neon is not a car you want to drive 500 miles.:bleh:

I put 33.5 pds of air in leaking tire, sometimes the valve gets stuck, see if it holds air. May take tire off and bring to a shop or just take it off anyway and check for a slow leaking nail in tire.:hmmm?: The other three are all working. It would do me no good to have the dealer recababrate the sensor only for it to leak air and have to replace it. I donot believe anything is wrong with the new sensors from discount tire, but put the OEM back on in a hope the tire shop could get idiot lights out-did not work. I have never had this problem on any car i ever owned. I also changed the oil early -with penziol ultra 05-20 and platinum filter. The dip stick is very hard to read and it very easy to over fill-seems to take about 4 qts. the book says 4.2qts. My VFR 800 takes 3.2qts. Seems very little oil for a 2.4 engine. :worms::spaz: I am going to sign up for AAA 200 mile towing. Dam i am wasting so much time and accomplishing nothing.

that's what I am going to do and have been doing. I pull number 40 fuse. and now the dash works and the bing is gone. Three pieces of tape are now over the dash . A lot more than the tape over the check engine in my srt-4-stayed for many years. Now it fine, only can't turn off traction control-which saves on tires.:shady:

a leaky tire or air thing and the tpns is not working.

...Well, I'm going to sleep.

A simple TPMS issue has turned into a total boondoggle.

tenor.gif

Not so simple, try putting on different rims in these stupid Honda's-then getting forced to bring the car to a honda dealer-because honda refuses to fix their software some honda's have a reset button. Then after changing the sensors twice-I get a air leak from the way they made these stupid sensors are prone to leaking air-unlike a 99 cent air v that works perfectly for over a 100years. The little rubber things dry up and leak air. I did a air pressure test and they have now passed on all four tire's. One tire was a very slow leaker out of the sensor. Really stupid how honda is building cars now-the new models have even more issues with dash boards lighting up for just about anything. I will not be a honda again. It's a good car but only after I fix the factory mistakes.:badger: two defects that were introduced-leaky sensors and no reset button. I am going to add my complaint to the safety GOV. I can see driving the car on a long trip and these stupid wheel sensors cause a flat tire though their crappy rubber air seals.

Just added 200 mile tow, and three 100 mile tow to my AAA card for $33 bucks. I may need it with this unreliable Honda SI.:rotfl: Lucky I have a 2001 Neon that is 100% reliable except on the hwy where I might burn up the tranny-only a 3 speed auto. It has a no sensors at all to fail or leaky air:popcornbig: sensors to leave me stuck on the side of the road.

ad40f5000a1cd73c80f26ac7a40b480b.gif

Sunofwolf, has it occurred to you that maybe you're the only person experiencing this problem? Just because you've somehow turned a painless TPMS job into a triple-bypass heart surgery (or maybe a lobotomy at this point) doesn't make the actual process difficult. It just means you're having difficulty. This procedure is literally a hands-off visit to Discount Tire or your Dealer.

Therefore, even if the process was difficult, it shouldn't be for you.

You buying your own TPMS and then having the Tire Shop mess up both your new set AND your OEM set is not Honda's fault. It's Honda's software, and they're within their rights to make you go to a dealer to access it. It's not a safety issue either -- because they didn't fail until you started messing with them.

Neons are NOT reliable, this is scientifically proven.

rubbish, I found thousands of people complaining about honda wheels sensors. the tire shop messed up nothing-honda makes their software buggy on purpose and it is a safety issue -the dash board light s up and won't stop, you can't turn off the traction control another safety issue but honda thought up. Sending fake low tire on your dash board and the bing sound causes distracted driving. And my neon runs as good as it did from the factory 19 years later. So I win and you Lose:bananawhipdance::bananasplit::cucumber::stickpokesmiley::stickpokesmiley:

People are scared to put on after market wheels because of this nonsense

That drunk women is your reliable source?:tap::box:

rubbish, I found thousands of people complaining about honda wheels sensors. the tire shop messed up nothing-honda makes their software buggy on purpose and it is a safety issue -the dash board light s up and won't stop, you can't turn off the traction control another safety issue but honda thought up. Sending fake low tire on your dash board and the bing sound causes distracted driving. And my neon runs as good as it did from the factory 19 years later. So I win and you Lose:bananawhipdance::bananasplit::cucumber::stickpokesmiley::stickpokesmiley:

111e96cd21e070e068c20ceadf1e2e6d07e42180r1-1080-839v2_uhq.jpg

WHAT THOUSANDS?

You're on a literal CIVIC OWNER'S FORUM. You don't even have to go anywhere to source information for your argument-- WE ARE THE COMMUNITY. NO ONE HAS PIPED UP SAYING THAT THIS IS A COMMON ISSUE. Honda is NOT scamming you -- you're choosing to do this the hard way in an effort to save a negligible amount of money.

Most people here know how buggy the wheels sensors are and just run the stock wheels-I don't like the stock wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels and want something lighter. I got a refund on the new sensors- I don't think there is anything wrong with them. I put the stock OEM sensors on to see if that would work-no it didn't. Honda made it very difficult fix the wheels sensor and doesn't share the fix with tire shops -just to force you to a honda dealer. It very clear who is a fault here and Its Honda sending out unfit cars on purpose just like most of car factory's. And they continue to get worse-example the 2016 honda civic SI with gas going into the engine-the list goes on and on. Send cars out with a cheapo warranty and cars that will fail when someone actually drives it. But don't worry I will fix the Honda's defect's myself. More example of lossy idea's- no key, hill assist- no tranny cooler in a tiny tranny.:spaz:.

Back