stilletto's Garage

Couple of updates.

ETS finally delivered the Turbo Kit and the Intercooler should be here this afternoon. Dunno if I’ll actually mock anything up this year though. Still need some other odds and ends anyways.

Ordered new Headlights from Circuit Demon for the WRX. Didn’t want anything crazy like Demon Eyes or Halos so I opted for a more subtle setup.

bba5308e26964eec5a7f8ec3066b64d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Took an antifreeze bath and removed the radiator assembly. Ran out of empty receptacles so I’ll leave the oil and lines for this weekend.

856ace187f091563c7c30555edb35be1.png

Alright, Gents. Need opinions.

Sheepey Race just shocked the **** out of me by running a Carbonetics FORGED Carbon Fiber Front Bumper on their giveaway car. I’m obsessed with this thing.. and I don’t even really like carbon fiber!

ca76203220201b9cd19d6813f72dc4a5.jpg

Now, as much as I love it, there are a few speed bumps. IF I throw down the ridiculous amount of cash for some forged carbon bits I’m only going to be able to match it with a set of forged carbon fenders. Aside from those two components that’s it.

7277aa30de011a5b822437353a777607.jpg

Here’s the curveball.. IF I choose to go with regular carbon fiber, which is also a bit cheaper, I can run other bits and pieces throughout the car to match. Side Skirt Extensions.. Hood.. Trunk Lid.. whatever.

c1241d6ce94ed938ef1752438e074b61.jpg

Also, before Booty comes in here complaining about what a financial failure I am, these body panels need to be replaced at some point anyways. OEM Components are almost as expensive too.

Anywho.. here’s two pictures of the Sheepey Race giveaway car to stir the pot.

31a67a08365a12599164e8a3c56ed7ba.jpg

617132e037630f1d93f234832e25e327.jpg

I’m not a huge fan of leaving it unpainted, but I know many like that look. To me it gives the look of someone replacing a few body panels from non matching car, and not having the money to paint it. The hood being left cf doesn’t bother me too much, but something about fenders and bumpers does? I’m sure I’ll be in the minority.

That's crazy looking. I'd never seen forged CF before. Checked out the car on their page. Looks weird with just the front done. If it were me, I'd go regular CF so you could match the rest.

And could just be me, but those side skirts are hideous.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CIG1fLNBIay/

That's crazy looking. I'd never seen forged CF before. Checked out the car on their page. Looks weird with just the front done. If it were me, I'd go regular CF so you could match the rest.

Yeah, those skirts are trash. They’re built for drag though so maybe they’re designed like that on purpose? Yeah, I’m leaning more towards regular carbon fiber so I can add stuff down the road. Forged looks SO good though!

I’m not a huge fan of leaving it unpainted, but I know many like that look. To me it gives the look of someone replacing a few body panels from non matching car, and not having the money to paint it. The hood being left cf doesn’t bother me too much, but something about fenders and bumpers does? I’m sure I’ll be in the minority.

I’ve always been the same way but carbon fronts really do it for me now. Dunno why.. maybe cause it’ll be on a black car?

Check out the process this guy uses. I think @Nomar06 shared this with me?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PbS1DvNFD04

or maybe it was this table diy he sent me?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8ywlhSQ2cM

Side note. Apparently forged carbon fiber is weaker than the regular stuff?

I would go with the regular stuff to be able to match more of the panels if you are going to leave them in CF and not paint them.

I don’t like the look of the front fender and quarters only. If they had a hood on forged carbon.....then maybe.

I would go with the regular stuff to be able to match more of the panels if you are going to leave them in CF and not paint them.

I don’t like the look of the front fender and quarters only. If they had a hood on forged carbon.....then maybe.

Yeah, I’m weird. I like the way these things look with JUST Carbon Fiber Fenders. I do plan on having the car wrapped in the future so looking weird wouldn’t be a permanent thing. I really wish he offered more forged stuff.

Yeah.. just placed an order for the Forged Carbon Fiber Fenders. I think I’m going to hold off on the Front Bumper. I don’t know how I feel about POTENTIALLY damaging something so expensive. Think a part of me would die if I scraped while driving. IF I feel the need to add more carbon fiber, for aesthetic purposes, they make some pretty convincing vinyl.

ebf8230935d29b52a27e4b5eb6f088d4.jpg

I went through this entire thread :rotfl: I love the whole thing but your evo is gorgeous

I went through this entire thread :rotfl: I love the whole thing but your evo is gorgeous

It ain’t so gorgeous sitting in a million pieces. That’s for sure.

Back