Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

I see a few white stinger gt’s driving locally all the time. One has like 5% tint on every piece of glass (including the windshield).

great on paper, regardless of the price what kills it for me is its still a Kia...

shiny, intact and managing oil temps (the car needs struts too though)
Please elaborate on "it is still a Kia".

I don't really care about the tech. My current fun car is a 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder....no tech...at all.

Coming from mostly Honda's, any modern interior is probably an upgrade.

Just hope that you don't have an accident, parts are nearly impossible to get. We had one here waiting on a fender for almost two months

great on paper, regardless of the price what kills it for me is its still a Kia...

shiny, intact and managing oil temps (the car needs struts too though)

Motor out to replace the struts?

Also, I realize that it is in the range of Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

Kinda don't want to exude that persona though. I would much prefer a fun sleeper type of car.

Please elaborate on "it is still a Kia".

i just have serious trust issues on the Kia/Hyundai/Genesis brand, even recently too many stories about shredded engines at low mileage. I dont care how good the initial warranty is, if my new car is needing new engine(s) is it really worth the headache

Just hope that you don't have an accident, parts are nearly impossible to get. We had one here waiting on a fender for almost two months

Motor out to replace the struts?

at least half out to drop the rear suspension enough to pull them #porschemaintenance
at least they knew they designed the car that way and dropping the engine is actually supposed to be relatively easy with the right equipment

Also, I realize that it is in the range of Audi, BMW, Mercedes, etc.

Kinda don't want to exude that persona though. I would much prefer a fun sleeper type of car.

i think thats part of my hangup, if im shopping in that price point there are so many more brands id rather go for than a brands first foray into that class

i just have serious trust issues on the Kia/Hyundai/Genesis brand, even recently too many stories about shredded engines at low mileage. I dont care how good the initial warranty is, if my new car is needing new engine(s) is it really worth the headache

at least half out to drop the rear suspension enough to pull them #porschemaintenance
at least they knew they designed the car that way and dropping the engine is actually supposed to be relatively easy with the right equipment

i think thats part of my hangup, if im shopping in that price point there are so many more brands id rather go for than a brands first foray into that class
I guess you would stay away from Ford also. GT350s are pretty much know to kill themselves with something simple as the oil filter gasket failing and causing a clog or the inherent vibration from the motor causing the oil filter to vibrate itself loose and dump out all the oil while driving.

These days it is probably better to have a good warranty rather than a “reliable” brand mentality.

To follow up, a YouTube guy blew a motor on his GT350 with 35,000 miles. Replaced under warranty, unknown why it blew. New engine got put it and blew itself in less than 100 miles. Replaced again and blown engine sent to Ford with no info on why it blew up.

Eh, that is a current supply/manufacturing issue that should resolve itself.

You wanna talk about buying OEM parts for a car that only produced 26,000 units in the US

What would you lean towards at the given price point?

Eh, that is a current supply/manufacturing issue that should resolve itself.

You wanna talk about buying OEM parts for a car that only produced 26,000 units in the US

What would you lean towards at the given price point?

id say screw it and go german, id love to get into a m340xi or similar stupidity

or go full on stupid and pick up a 50k of used porsche

Well that didn’t take long…..engine was announced yesterday???

1000hp N/A at the crank. 10.2 liter or something insane like that.

731B2B6B-2F5B-4153-8FE4-F22A7D662AB6.jpeg

Warranty is only as good as the company behind it. Buddy had a Hyundai Tucson blow its 1st engine around 45k, and it was towed to the dealer. They didn’t want to give him a loaner or anything initially. Then they wanted to blame the blown engine on him not having his oil changed at the dealership. It was changed at another shop like 500 miles prior. Weeks go by without resolve (and endless phone calls), and they just kept saying they were tearing it down to determine the cause. I believe it was almost a month later that they replaced the engine and he wasn’t held liable for expenses despite Hyundai’s threats.

About 30k miles later the new engine blew on the highway. He had it towed to the same dealer, and he had basically the same issues as round one. Took 7 or 8 weeks that round. They made endless calls for updates. Hyundai kept wanting to pin any repairs/bills on him. They finally said it was faulty. Another engine was put in, and they extended his powertrain warranty. He wants to get into something else before it happens again, but the market is pretty crazy.

A similar experience may happen at any brand though. I don’t know. I just know his experience with the dealership was not smooth.

Back