Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Nope. Years past I've had to play Thanksgiving Personal Question Bingo and now that I'm 30 I know they'll get worse. I'm tired of trying to get my extended family to treat me like an adult.

Greatest Hits Include:

-When I'm finding a girlfriend
-When I'm moving
-Can you fix my laptop/mobile device
-Do I do anything besides watch Anime and eat Instant Ramen
-Why are you so thin

So this year I'm going to the Thanksgiving game; Raiders @ Cowboys instead. I'll be in a Honda-related shirt if I get on the Jumbotron.
I feel that man. I've told my family I am who I am If you don't like it then f off. At family events Im brutal but if they want to make me uncomfortable I'll do the same in return. i don't get invited to much anymore haha but honestly I'm much happier. My closest family (mother,father, brothers families) are all super cool and we are having thanksgiving but outside that I don't really communicate with any of my other family cause they are all social media obsessed mental cases and I want no part of that. Be you man. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. I for one will be getting baked and eating myself into a coma.

You guys in the auto industry deserve it. I’ve got a friend who’s a Service Advisor that started off as a Lube Tech and he’s told me all about how y’all have to just work at full speed all day just to try and make real money.
Kind of true. In the dealership you find ways to work faster with less effort working on the same things.
I can give you address' :rotfl:

Thank you! I'll let you guys know if I get it

Especially working off book time, getting paid 0.5 for "multi point" inspections all day long is awful. I worked at a BMW dealer a looong time ago and worked pretty close with the techs and learned all about how techs will get screwed on stuff all the time. Get paid an hour to diag a noise only for the customer to not want to fix whatever it is and hopefully you haven't gotten too far in to the car with tearing things down cause you're putting that thing back together for free
At least they got an hour. For some reason my place likes to start at .5 for diag. If I want more I have to stop and have the advisor ask the customer. I've slowly been changing this as anything electrical I've got then to make sure it's an hour to start.

Worst is the brake inspection. If I do one and the customer does the brakes I don't get that inspection time. Little things like that make it hard to make hours sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dad
I feel that man. I've told my family I am who I am If you don't like it then f off. At family events Im brutal but if they want to make me uncomfortable I'll do the same in return. i don't get invited to much anymore haha but honestly I'm much happier. My closest family (mother,father, brothers families) are all super cool and we are having thanksgiving but outside that I don't really communicate with any of my other family cause they are all social media obsessed mental cases and I want no part of that. Be you man. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving. I for one will be getting baked and eating myself into a coma.
Hell Yeah!

I don't give a **** what people think of me. If they don't like me it ain't hurting my feelings (but everyone likes me because I'm me).. their loss lol

And I thought you said eating Thanksgiving outside. I was gonna be jealous

congrats! Tool chest and a raise ftw

and happy turkey day to all

thanksgiving-day-turkey.gif

Feels like a Saturday but really a Thursday.. and have to go to work tomorrow. :/

You should have taken a personal day to have a long weekend break

You should have taken a personal day to have a long weekend break

Couldn't. Have to maintain coverage and co-worker is off.
I took off Monday though. My wife took Monday off too. Think we might go to lunch with her mom.

Back