11thcivic - 2022 Honda Civic Unveiling April 28th 2021

Suspect you're right... and letting the pros do it means a warranty!

In addition to the 360hp spec at 4Piston, I've thought about asking another guy who happens to be out here in Cali, "Papadakis":
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckxlP60cnY
He's been a 2JZ kind of guy lately,,, fantastic engine, just not my cup off tea right now. Besides, I think I like the idea of buying a custom engine a lot more than the practicality of living with a custom engine in an older, aging vehicle that is certain to suffer from other expensive repairs that will make me regret the whole thing even before the new engine is broken in.

Imagine a custom built, fire-breathing monster engine, for example, in a car that has 150,000 miles on it. Really going to spend $10k on a new engine for a 15 yr. old beater? I'm not feelin' it. Most K24's will last at least that long, and generally 200,000. Of course you could do the swap a lot sooner too.... but are you going to just throw away a perfectly good engine at 50,000?

It's as if 75 - 90% of the engine builders out there work their craft specifically for racing and track applications... not for guys who want to run their old street Hondas another 150,000 miles.

so the US Si is like a LX trim but the Canadian version is based on a Touring?

When I heard her introduce HondaProJason I almost stopped the video... :barf:

So... Canada gets more options for less than us.. smh

I feel like were going to have another one of those Japanese formal public apologies soon from the execs like they did back in ~2012 over the civic, where they have to apologize that they thought the public would still buy fuel economical hondas that were built cheaply if they were still fuel economical and fun to drive, but they realized they were neither and still built cheaply and sold it anyway

When I heard her introduce HondaProJason I almost stopped the video... :barf:

So... Canada gets more options for less than us.. smh
his early stuff was ok, honestly his delivery feels like hes dead inside, like working a satellite media tour and the talent has to "greet" every major media market news anchor by name for taped segments and halfway through theyre just over it

is there a comparison video for the US si? find it hard to believe we get more for less money.

Who would even want to buy a SI knowing all of this. Literally every difference, more so a list of nothing America offers. I didn't like the look much, but I came around to it, but now the inside and outside. Not even fog lights. Shame.

Heated seats and fog light removal are major bummers. I feel like a lot of people would be doing those mods in the US

Most reviews are extremely positive. Seems many did the canyon drive out of Honda of Thousand Oaks, CA where it winds down to sea level.
One guy reported buying one for $33,000 before the release. Only thing that bothered me was hearing the constant sound of the rev limiter.

Back