I'm baaaack! '15 Si Sedan Version 2.2

I could also sell the Si and get a little pickup truck, which would be handy when we move into the new house as we won't have trash service(haul trash to recycle center), for when I do land clean up(we will have 1.5 acres of woods) and for any projects.

The "free" motor is from an older member here and he has owned the vehicle since new.

I could also sell the Si and get a little pickup truck, which would be handy when we move into the new house as we won't have trash service(haul trash to recycle center)

Wait.. maybe I'm getting confused. But you won't have like weekly trash pickup? :eek:

Wait.. maybe I'm getting confused. But you won't have like weekly trash pickup? :eek:
Some areas in the county don’t offer weekly trash pickup. I’ve also seen some people create their own trash service. They get a big truck and go door to door to get other customers that aren’t on a trash route. They bill the customers and then go pick up their trash in a big truck. They end up taking it to a landfill and pay to dump loads of trash. They pocket the difference between what they charge customers and what the landfill charges.

Nomar ^ you should see if anyone advertises a trash service like that locally before committing to a truck. I feel like you’ll be sad not having a fun sports car?

Some areas in the county don’t offer weekly trash pickup. I’ve also seen some people create their own trash service. They get a big truck and go door to door to get other customers that aren’t on a trash route. They bill the customers and then go pick up their trash in a big truck. They end up taking it to a landfill and pay to dump loads of trash. They pocket the difference between what they charge customers and what the landfill charges.

Yeah I understand that. But I didn't think about the home owners taking their trash weekly/bi-weekly/whatever themselves to the landfill.
In the county next to me they have companies that go around like you said and pick up trash and take it to the landfill.

Yeah, I don’t have a “guaranteed” trash pick up service at the new house. I would have to hire my own provider.

The city has a contract with Waste Pro and I still pay a monthly fee now.

So basically the same thing I have now but I can hire whomever I want in the new house.

Ugh…..can’t win with this car. Went to check to oil since the car hasn’t been used in 2 weeks and can’t remember the level when I checked it last. Open the hood and find a rats nest. Clean it out and drive to the boss man’s house and hear a rock or something hit the car. 80 miles later of driving I notice the crack on the windshield. Time for a replacement. Also popped in to a dealer and picked up 2qts of trans fluid and 2 oil filters. Might change both this weekend.

D40371AD-97E5-4630-892C-9B833005A281.jpeg3C2A39A8-5543-409A-A913-5F40447F2C27.jpeg6C376FF5-0D33-410D-AA32-8F3CE8DC35B6.jpeg

Remember kids….replace your crush washer every time(or every other time, lol) so you don’t spent 10 mins trying to pry off the super duper crushed washer off the drain bolt.

F6F86B25-67F1-4BC6-99D1-1A89A1BD4511.jpeg499989B6-39FB-44C8-86F0-FF9A68909DE2.jpeg

Gonna need to change one of the pulleys as it’s getting noisy. I thinks it’s the top one.

Can I spray some lube or something for the mean time? Or just replace before it blows up?

Oil change and trans fluid change…..done.

Need to ask Santa for some quick jacks next Christmas(once in the new house). Would be a nice time saver and lift the car higher.

Last edited:
I would like some quick jacks too. They seem super useful and faster than me and my floor jack. But i really want a two post lift... but they're pricey.

I just got a new jack. It’s faster but not a fast jack. One of the Daytona 3 ton jacks. Need the extra height for working the Tacoma but low rise for the Civic and it’s replacement, whenever that happens.

Back