I'm baaaack! '15 Si Sedan Version 2.2

What do you think a rebuild would cost?
I wouldn't know. I would assume its not worth it compared to a used engine or a jdm engine. But you would get peace of mind that it wouldn't burn oil any more.

I wouldn't know. I would assume its not worth it compared to a used engine or a jdm engine. But you would get peace of mind that it wouldn't burn oil any more.
That's what a few people on facebook are saying. Might pop by a couple shops in town and see what it would cost to repair it or swap in another engine.

I do have a hook up for a "free" 9thgen engine but its a whole ordeal.....

I wouldn't be able to do anything on the engine till 2024 anyways but having a "free" engine would be nice but I don't have space to stash a car till late 2023 when the new house is done.

That's what a few people on facebook are saying. Might pop by a couple shops in town and see what it would cost to repair it or swap in another engine.

I do have a hook up for a "free" 9thgen engine but its a whole ordeal.....

I wouldn't be able to do anything on the engine till 2024 anyways but having a "free" engine would be nice but I don't have space to stash a car till late 2023 when the new house is done.
If I had to swap my engine I'd probably look into a k24a swap.

https://jdmsource.ca/products/jdm-honda-k24a-engine-rbb-04-08-acura-tsx-k24a2-3-lobe-vtec

If I has a spare engine....that could be the beginning of a build.
This-is-the-way.jpg

Just trying to keep it stock. Eventually I want this car to be a daily so I can get into another R, a weekend car or some kind of project.

But real VTEC.

Looky what I found….
E28416F9-8624-457A-AC17-0E9C69BBE8C5.jpeg

I changed the pcv valve since some people said it could be clogged and could cause some of the oil burning. $30 and 5 min swap was worth trying.

948E12CD-15B3-4024-96AE-B9BF9C190266.jpeg

Last edited:
it would have 4 exhaust ports instead of the single collection to downpipe. vtec crossover like the 8th had

Just trying to keep it stock. Eventually I want this car to be a daily so I can get into another R, a weekend car or some kind of project.

Another R? Ewwww :giggle:

Again….isn’t that all in the head? Meaning the block is good then just do a head swap?

Again….isn’t that all in the head? Meaning the block is good then just do a head swap?
oh, yeah, but you need piston rings? thought it would be easier to swap a jdm k24a to solve the oil burning issue and gain some hp with cams and header, get an rbc intake while you're at it. :)

oh, yeah, but you need piston rings? thought it would be easier to swap a jdm k24a to solve the oil burning issue and gain some hp with cams and header, get an rbc intake while you're at it. :)
Still all theoretical but if I do an engine “build” in a project car, prob would involve a snail.

Ok....so I popped by a local Honda shop to see what it would cost to "fix" the motor and what options I have.

Rebuild.....could be $2,000 to $4,000 depending on condition and what items to replace/refresh.

Swap....14-15 hours at $95 an hour, so $1500 or so.

Thicker oil....guys said to run 5-30w oil and see what it does. Maybe even 10-30w. Guy gave me a whole theory behind it and seemed pretty genuine.

Here is the kicker after I gave him more info. So since I could get the "free" engine from a friend I would still need to get it out of the car. So the Honda shop guy said if I can get the car/motor down here to him, he would take out the motor and keep the trans and would pull that motor out for free. So essentially it would cost me $1500 plus towing the car/motor down here.

I'm going to try the thicker motor oil for a bit and se what that does but won't happen till after Turkey day.

Your thoughts???

2-4k is a big difference. if it was 2k id refresh the engine you got. probably new rings and a hone. swapping a used engine that could potentially burn oil as well scares me. you could refresh the used one first though.

Back