stilletto's Garage

Just picked the car up. Never remove your AC. Terrible drive home.

Wrap came out pretty nice. There are a few areas that aren’t perfect but I knew that going in. The bumpers weren’t painted, which wrap doesn’t like to stick to, and the paint that was on the car was pretty bad.

Need to cut back some wrap on the roof, so I can install a new Vortex Generator, and install the new bits of trim I ordered. I asked for the roof to be wrapped in gloss black to match the Vortex Generator but they ended up doing it in the same as the rest of the car. Shouldn’t look too bad but if it bothers me enough I can always re-wrap the roof myself.

Waiting for the shop to upload some pictures to share. By the time I got home the sun had started to set and the wrap just looked black.

@stilletto - Saw your picture or video of you driving it! I thought she'd be put away for winter by now lol
Not yet but it’s getting to be about that time.
Some of the local Evo guys have a get together planned in a couple of weeks but I’m not willing to trash the car if it’s snowing. We’ll see.

Currently in a weird position where I “need” another car for regular adulting activities. Picking my Daughter up from Kindergarten in a Straight Piped and Cammed Evo is doable but I worry about her inhaling fumes and smelling like exhaust. Grocery shopping as a family is sometimes tough as we can easily pack my Wife’s Impreza without even trying. I’m starting to look at New/Used cars and trucks. Not a fan of these interest rates but I’ve got cash to use as a down payment to offset some of the interest. IF I had 240VAC in my garage I’d consider Tesla but I don’t so there’s that. Strongly considering a Used 4Runner.

Currently in a weird position where I “need” another car for regular adulting activities. Picking my Daughter up from Kindergarten in a Straight Piped and Cammed Evo is doable but I worry about her inhaling fumes and smelling like exhaust. Grocery shopping as a family is sometimes tough as we can easily pack my Wife’s Impreza without even trying. I’m starting to look at New/Used cars and trucks. Not a fan of these interest rates but I’ve got cash to use as a down payment to offset some of the interest. IF I had 240VAC in my garage I’d consider Tesla but I don’t so there’s that. Strongly considering a Used 4Runner.
..and thanks to John Cena an FL5.

Are they over priced in the US like they are in Canada? Saw a used one for 50 or 60k cnd.

Are they over priced in the US like they are in Canada? Saw a used one for 50 or 60k cnd.
There are only six or seven within 100 Miles of me and they’re all listed at MSRP aside from one which is a grand lower.

Everything around me is coming up with 5-7k miles and listed for $45-53k.

Listing price and what the actual price is completely different....
Oh, I know. One of the few reasons I don’t even feel like bothering with them. I will say the one closest to me that’s listed for UNDER MSRP is probably legit. It’s a Downtown Dealership and they have a REALLY hard time pushing anything manual. I got a steal on a WRX Sedan a few years back from them.

Yeah, every USED CTR is selling for higher than MSRP. I don’t quite understand that.
@Nomar06 dealt with similar stuff at dealerships though. They'd say one price, but then when you start talking real numbers the dealerships happen to mention that there is 5-20k of markup they didn't advertise online or whatever. If you can find a dealer that isn't doing markups I'd be surprised.

I'm looking to pull the trigger on something within the next couple of months. I don't even want to start contacting dealerships until I'm ready to buy since they're relentless and reach out over and over. I signed up for TrueCar last month and they whore'd my info out to like six different dealerships.

So far I'm pretty stuck on a '21+ 4Runner TRD Off-Road Premium but I'm still really interested in a 10th Gen Accord 2.0T since it's basically a de-tuned CTR with a 10spd Automatic. The Used 4Runner puts me into a price range that has me looking into a New FL5 CTR, Used M340i, Used MK8R, and New GR Corolla. Rates are obviously better on New Cars so there's that.

Back