stilletto's Garage

If your semi-serious on the CTR, try searching for a list of dealers that do not sell over MSRP. Some forums have done this and can be helpful.

I remember after I bought mine, 2 weeks later one of the dealers on the list had an allocation arrive and no buyer and no MSRP. If I remember, that dealer was in Ohio or somewhere up that way.

Found one Dealership down in Southern Illinois offering at MSRP. They’ve got THREE FL5s that have been sitting. Found another selling one for MSRP plus some ~$2k Protection Package. Also found plenty others selling for $2-7k over.

Going to look at a CW FL5 in Wisconsin on Saturday. $1k Over MSRP in the form of a “PermaPlate” Package. Pre-Approval with my CU is good. Only thing that sucks is I’d have to wait for my CU to send a physical check to the Dealership.

They won’t issue a wire or cashiers check as an option?

Turn of events last night.

The Dealership I was originally dealing with wouldn’t take a deposit. The Saleswoman pretty much told me that the car was up for grabs for the first person through the door.

I reached out to another Dealership up there and found a real relaxed gentleman that was willing to sell their CW FL5 for MSRP plus Wheel Locks that are already on the car. It’s been there since March and they want to move it. While going back and forth with him I also gave Chase a chance to beat my CU’s rate and they did. The Dealership told me they’d hold the car, without a deposit, until Saturday for me. It’s already been removed from their site and he sent a picture of my name on the windshield.

The Dealership I was originally dealing with wouldn’t take a deposit. The Saleswoman pretty much told me that the car was up for grabs for the first person through the door.

I reached out to another Dealership up there and found a real relaxed gentleman that was willing to sell their CW FL5 for MSRP plus Wheel Locks that are already on the car. It’s been there since March and they want to move it. While going back and forth with him I also gave Chase a chance to beat my CU’s rate and they did. The Dealership told me they’d hold the car, without a deposit, until Saturday for me. It’s already been removed from their site and he sent a picture of my name on the windshield.
Nice :thumb:

Dude in my neighborhood just traded in his Type R for a Supra lol

Kind of crazy that they would even barter the price for wheel locks when the vehicle cost 50k.

Full Front PPF scheduled for the 24th.
Never been so paranoid about rock chips or scratches on a car. It’s a new world.

Back