DIY 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid mirrors on a non Hybrid Civic (4dr only)

confused as to what he's doing different from the collegehills parts group buy?
he just got the hybrid cover with the cutout for the LED turn signal, the turn signal itself, and the wires so he can just wire from the existing mirror. you dont have to buy a whole new assembly for each side cuz that comes up to like 200+ each as stated in the past posts

he just got the hybrid cover with the cutout for the LED turn signal, the turn signal itself, and the wires so he can just wire from the existing mirror. you dont have to buy a whole new assembly for each side cuz that comes up to like 200+ each as stated in the past posts
Where can you order those parts?
I tried looking on CHH but couldn't find the individual parts for hybrid mirrors, just the whole assembly.

When you guys figure out if you want assemblies or pieces parts let me know and I'll put together a kit.

I'm in either way, but the cheaper method which Marchael mentioned would be better on the wallet ;) I just want to see the installation process (electrically) for this method.

Last edited:
I'm in either way, but the cheaper method which Marchael mentioned would be better on the wallet ;) I just want to see the installation process (electrically) for this method.
friend is doing it this weekend, he'll let me know how it goes and possibly tell me the installation/price/time involved for it :)

im interested but, my friend said we can just get the hybrid covers and the led turn signals and just wire them ourselves for a fraction of the cost.

That sounds much more affordable. It would be nice if this does work out and we can get the individual parts.

I am not sure that only replacing the caps will do the trick. There are substantial differences between both mirrors. Check them out.
gal_lg17.jpggal_lg18.jpgImagen2.jpg Imagen1.jpg

Last edited:
I am not sure that only the replacing the caps will do the trick. There are substantial differences between both mirrors. Check them out.
View attachment 11471View attachment 11472View attachment 11474 View attachment 11473

When I went to get a haircut I noticed a non-hybrid civic so I parked mine next to it. I did notice differences of black housing the holds the mirror itself. It has a very different shape so not sure if simply changing it would work on a non-hybrid. I'd be curious if anybody still tried this anyway.

That was my first plan, the housing on the hydrid are a bit smaller (thinner) then the non hybrids which are thicker.. ^^^example picture above posted by Amomicivic..
I can take mine out and post pictures of it on the Non- hybrid and hybrids ..you will literaly need to gut it out ...just my opinion

K24power07
Any chance you could show us what wire and where you tapped into for the power wire of the turn signal?

It took a while but here it is ..
Driver side tapped into blue wire ..
1362439322_zpsbaf1ab9f.jpg

Pssenger side tapped into brown wire..
1362439324_zpsc3e65d2b.jpg

Ok going back to the conversion u would deffitnetly spend more time then money of course heres why
you would have to gut all this out
1362439308_zps59909c06.jpg

The caps are shaped different.. so they may not line up with your mirror housing..
1362439306_zpse0262be7.jpg

1362439316_zpsd9722907.jpg

1362439303_zps4baa6587.jpg

1362439293_zps0ddec3d7.jpg

I was not able to remove my hybrid caps , I did not want to scratch the cap cuz I scratch the crap out the Non hybrid if u notice in the pics ..
So in conclusion(my own conclusion) it can be done but you will need to know wat your doing, have patience, cuz it will take time...

Back