DIY 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid mirrors on a non Hybrid Civic (4dr only)

It took a while but here it is ..
Driver side tapped into blue wire ..
1362439322_zpsbaf1ab9f.jpg

Pssenger side tapped into brown wire..
1362439324_zpsc3e65d2b.jpg
Thank you.
What am I looking at? Are these photos of the rear taillights?

Last edited:
Looks like we have to buy complete assemblies. What is the price that CHH gives us?

I don't think there's one set. Paul told us to figure out if we need/want a package deal consisting of the necessary parts to complete the installation, or individual parts. From the looks of it, we'll need what's included within this DIY. Either way, I'm still in... :thumb:

Last edited:
Any word on how he made out?
friend just tried working on wiring today, Like K24 said, the hybrid and nonhybrid covers are a bit diff in size. my friend ran into the same problem but he said he is going to order the necessary parts to fix that issue for around 40 bucks, and he told me it still puts him under half the price of each assembly. More info once he gets the parts and redoing it

There are no Hybribs down here to check the parts at the dealer. Can CollegeHillsHonda confirm that:
  • Can we reuse the mirror "core" (circled in red)? What I mean, if it has same screw points as the original for the Hybrid, so we can change the housing set of our cars for the housing of the Hybrid?
Mirror.jpg
  • Can we reuse the mirror assy? Parts have different number, but are both about the same size and and have the same assembly points?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way I could confirm would be to tear two mirrors apart. Personally I don't trust myself doing that on these mirrors without breaking something. We only have 1 Hybrid in stock and I don't want to take it out of service should a customer or dealer need it.

The only way I could confirm would be to tear two mirrors apart. Personally I don't trust myself doing that on these mirrors without breaking something. We only have 1 Hybrid in stock and I don't want to take it out of service should a customer or dealer need it.

Do you have both just housings and the mirrors in order to compare them?

Thanks, but what I meant is from the assembly perspective: if the screw/bolts are in the same place on the hybrid and non-hybrid parts, so if can do the mod replacing parts around the "core" of the mirror. That is why we need help from a vendor like CHH.

Last edited:
I'd be down for a group buy if someone figures this out and of course depending on the price... keep up the research, you guys are awesome :D

if each assembly is 215 each+ shipping, thats like around 450 bucks. my friend is currently at like half of that for both haha. he's getting the rest of the parts by next week, update as soon as i help him next week

any idea on how he's planning to make it fit/work?

My guess is that the "core" is the same in both mirrors and we just have to buy the light unit, the cap, the housing set and maybe the mirror sub-assy. That is about $140 each.

Last edited:
Back