2012+ Honda Civic Suspension Options With Product Info & Links

i got the rear sway 22mm progress installed and it feels a little bit tighter and more responsive in corner and quick turns, what else should i do though

I wish my coils had this feature... All coils should
u8ygase6.jpg

I wish my coils had this feature... All coils should

Give standard suspension a call? They have 12+ Civics listed for

R1: HD11R1
R3: HD11R3
R7 T.A.: HD11T7
R9: HD11S9
R9 T.A.: HD11T9
ENR: HD11E1
ENR2: HD11E2
ENR Inv: HD11V2

i want to lower my car just a bit but being in alaska it does not make sense to do so, at least not in the winter, plus our roads suck up here, pot holes, crackes, huge ruts , frost heaves

I just finished lowering my coupe today. Looks great and rides even better. Just wondering to everyone who has used lowering springs on their 9th gen , how long have you had them installed and has anyone had any issues with their stock shocks after a year or so? Had a local guy tell me the stock shocks will go out after about a year (also owns a 9th).

I have 2013 Civic LX coupe with only 10000 miles I used Eibach pro kit to lower my car only after a month the
rear shocks are leaking
Now I am facing the challenge which shocks should I use to replace the stock shocks

Any one know the spring rates of the stock suspension and for the lowering springs. I only see spring rates for the Coilovers.

Any1 know the spring rates for oem suspension and for the lowering springs. I'm looking for springs that aren't gonna jeopardise ride comfort. I'm not looking to improve the suspension Preformance I just wanna close up some of that wheel gap.

OEM spring rates -
2012 civic si
165 lbs/in front
251 lbs/in rear

2012 non si
131 lbs/in front
185 lbs/in rear

Some companies don't advertise their rates. You may have to contact them.

eibach sportlines are progressive springs. They get progressively stiffer as they are under load
SPORTLINE rate:
front (114-216-347 lbs/in)
rear (97-308-422 lbs/in)

The H&R springs are supposedly 10% stiffer than stock. so 180 front and 275 in the rear for Si... Or something around there. Chris from Redshift can answer some very indepth questions about spring rates but it's only one part of the package.

There are a lot of other factors which will influence ride quality. Especially if you consider that some spring mfgs say to cut the bump stops and others dont. While the rate of the spring is a measure of spring performance, it is not the only influence of vehicle performance and handling, especially when the chassis is lowered.

When does a higher rate spring feel softer than a lower rate spring and a lower rate feel harder than higher rate spring? These differences occur when you lower the chassis and the bumpstop is trimmed or not trimmed. The bumpstop acts like a small progressive spring (see Micro Cellular Jounce Bumper). A lower rate spring that lowers the ride height of the chassis with no bumpstop trimming, making the bumpstop more active, would feel about as stiff as a higher rate lowering spring with the bumpstop trimmed, making the bumpstop less active. Also, the amount of ride height lowering also affects suspension rate.

Since there is no standard for quoting spring rates, most manufacturers just quote numbers without any regard for spring function and spring rate ramping—spring rate ramping is the difference in ride feel between springs of different shapes with the same spring rates under suspension compression. The only way to truly compare spring rates is by using working spring rate numbers.
When a manufacturer quotes a progressive spring rate such as 80 LBS, 150 LBS, 225 LBS, and the stock rate is a linear 135 LBS, the new spring looks super progressive. Visually it seems to start off softer than stock and gets progressively stiffer as needed. But what these rates don’t tell you is that the chassis is already sitting at the 170 LBS rate at loaded height. This means the "working spring rate" is actually 170 to 225. The lower spring rate range below 170 is the dead or inactive spring coils which do nothing but give the spring tension at full rebound.
There are many other factors that influence suspension rate that include, but are not limited to: Shock dampening values, tires, bushings, and of course the most important "personal driving style".

Keep in mind that if you're shopping for springs based only on spring rates, then you are not taking into account a number of other variables that affect ride height, performance, and comfort.

Has anyone heard of TruHart Lowering springs for the 8thgen? A buddy of mine has an extra set... Wondering what the quality is like or if anyone has a review.

@webby Maybe it would be helpful to have the part number for the Koni struts in the first section with the springs. The OEM struts lose their integrity after about 1 year. I think in hind site I would have bought coilovers, because the price of the springs with the Konis is going to work out to be almost the same.

Would si springs on my lx lower it any or would it just be a change in spring rates
The front suspension will sit higher due to the stiffer springs the si's have to take the extra weight of the heavier motor. So you'll be higher up front than if u had the R18 springs.

Anyone know if prokits for 12-13 Si Sedans will fit directly on to 14 Si Sedans?

I know coils won't, and I figure that springs will, but I just thought I'd ask.

Looking for a set of coil covers. Not really looking to spend more than 1k on the coilovers. I was looking at the Megan racing street series or maybe tein street advanced. Any big advantages to either? Thanks for the help.

Back