2012+ R18 FlashPro

FB2Chris

I emailed Hondata regarding a potential FlashPro for the 2012+ R18. I mentioned that there would be several owners, including myself, who would be interested if released. Matt from Hondata replied:
It is something we may look at in the future, but there is nothing currently being worked on.

:sadface: Didn't realize they weren't working on it. I was under the impression it was in the works.

More reasons for people to buy (or trade in their R18's for) Si's! :D

Last edited:
Yep, Hondata did lack sales on the 8thgen R18s.

I really wish there was one!! Id buy it today! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how many serious willing customers it would take to get something started?

I wonder if a list of definite buyers was made and at least partial payment was received if Hondata would do it. I'd pay up front.

Me too! Id pay up front for sure. I bet that we could get a decent number of definite buyers from the r18 owners on this site right?

Maybe if everyone interested would reply to this thread we could get a list goin on

I'm going to reply to the email asking if a list of definite buyers is started, will they go through with the production. I doubt they will be able to put a definite price on the item, but I'll suggest some sort of partial (down) payment.

I've seen it happen with a bunch of possible R18 parts. Most of the owners were talkers but not do'ers.

Cams, turbos, superchargers, LSD, intake manifolds, and so on...

I really think the only reason there is a jackson supercharger is because some guy who worked there made it his black box project on his own car. They said they had over 20k miles on their test car without issue. That's a lot of driving no matter how you did it. So I really see the R18 parts as being very much custom parts. Other than the generic intake/exhaust variety. Even a list of people willing to buy may not sway companies to invest since the promises were not fulfilled with previous 8th gen owners.

I've seen it happen with a bunch of possible R18 parts. Most of the owners were talkers but not do'ers.

Cams, turbos, superchargers, LSD, intake manifolds, and so on...

I really think the only reason there is a jackson supercharger is because some guy who worked there made it his black box project on his own car. They said they had over 20k miles on their test car without issue. That's a lot of driving no matter how you did it. So I really see the R18 parts as being very much custom parts. Other than the generic intake/exhaust variety. Even a list of people willing to buy may not sway companies to invest since the promises were not fulfilled with previous 8th gen owners.

You make a valid point. It's worth a shot asking, the worst they can say is no. I'm a "do'er" and am in 100% for FP; my money is ready. It's too bad I'm 3,000 miles away from Hondata, I'd volunteer myself as a test car.

Reactions: Nix
Definitely worth a shot. I would certainly like to see it happen. It's an engine that is starting to get some good development and it has been out since 06'.

Last edited:
Well... the :waiting: game will have to continue. Matt from Hondata emailed me back:
There are many factors which dictate our development process, unfortunately a list of potential buyers will not speed up this process.

also, jackson racing already invest money to develop a s/c kit for 8th gen that can also bolt on to 9th gen, the charge pipe angles might be different but overall it's a direct bolt on..

i don't see why can't we convince jackson racing also to push hondata for 9th gen r18 ?

Back