9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

I know you don't have time to warm up the tires, but i'll still suggest the Falken Azenis 615K's. They've been great tires. :giggle:
I have no trouble when they are warm, but when cold they are pretty slick.
I really think part of the problem is the rear subframe bushings and the diff mount. If it moves, it unsettles the whole rear of the car.
Now that the Si is shifting properly, I am thinking of driving it instead. It would be a lot more comfortable, faster in a straight line, have a/c, and not leak when it rains.:thumb:

Im just thinking of what mods i'd do to the BRZ, it wouldnt need much. I imagine that a good set of summer tires and a group n trans mount would be good. Im probably definitely getting an exhaust :woot:

Im just thinking of what mods i'd do to the BRZ, it wouldnt need much. I imagine that a good set of summer tires and a group n trans mount would be good. Im probably definitely getting an exhaust :woot:
ricer.
sways?

What does a Trans Mount do for the car?

ricer.
sways?

What does a Trans Mount do for the car?

the group n mount did wonders for the WRX, shifting, response and driveline stiffness were all dramatically improved

I'll have to drive it to determine if I should get a rear swaybar

Recommended parts before going? What should I change out service-wise? Should I get better brake fluid? I'm not planning on driving too hard since im basically a stock r18 automatic with suspension mods.

Recommended parts before going? What should I change out service-wise? Should I get better brake fluid? I'm not planning on driving too hard since im basically a stock r18 automatic with suspension mods.

Your good to go....you could add better pads but plenty of people have been up there completly stock and been just fine. You just might have stinky and smokey brakes if you go hard at it, lol.

Your good to go....you could add better pads but plenty of people have been up there completly stock and been just fine. You just might have stinky and smokey brakes if you go hard at it, lol.
The key is to not over drive your car. Let the engine do a lot of the braking. I have been on multiple runs where my brakes would be 2 to 500° cooler than other ppls.

Find a gear and stay in it.... 2nd or 3rd gear usually works for the Civics, brakes should be used sparingly....lol. Found out the hard way when we stopped at the top and my front brakes where smoking badly, my first time up and the last time I did that....lol

FYI, the little website error has been fixed :woot:

so, what would be an approximate amount of people that will attend? I have to call Fontana this week and give them a rough estimate, I don't see the problem with having a nice dinner one night (saturday) courtesy of the hotel, kinda like a "banquet" but not.

1. death_roll
2. Jrotax101
3. MrsJrotax101
4. Geezersi
5. 07TLX
6. Sonej4
7. Sonej4#2

Richard
E30, FA5

so....

1. death_roll
2. Jrotax101