9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

I am thinking of Nitto NT05s in 235/40/17, but there are a lot more choices in 235/45/17.

I've never had Nitto tires before.. Hell I've only have the RE01's and RE070's on my summer wheels. They have the RE01's in 235/45/17 now. I was thinking about going down to 225's but I don't know..

I don't need anything too aggressive like the RE01's since I'm not really the fast driving type lol

I've never had Nitto tires before.. Hell I've only have the RE01's and RE070's on my summer wheels. They have the RE01's in 235/45/17 now. I was thinking about going down to 225's but I don't know..

I don't need anything too aggressive like the RE01's since I'm not really the fast driving type lol
I haven't had Nittos before either. I have had Hankooks lately and have been very pleased with them. I have a set of Falken 615Ks on my BMW and you have to get them warm before they are sticky. Learned that leaving the Dragon two years ago with some other white BMW behind me.

I drive fast. Like this morning driving to work I was doing 70mph in a 55mph zone so :p

I just am more cautious around turns/twisties.

I drive fast. Like this morning driving to work I was doing 70mph in a 55mph zone so :p

I just am more cautious around turns/twisties.
anyone can drive fast in the straights, driving fast in the corners is a different game. Maybe you'll grow some fuzz on your nuts and trust your superior handling car. :rotfl:

anyone can drive fast in the straights, driving fast in the corners is a different game. Maybe you'll grow some fuzz on your nuts and trust your superior handling car. :rotfl:

I don't like fuzz on my nuts. like it smooth! :dance:

I don't trust my car. Maybe after I upgrade the suspension (stock struts/prodrive springs = :( )

I don't like fuzz on my nuts. like it smooth! :dance:

I don't trust my car. Maybe after I upgrade the suspension (stock struts/prodrive springs = :( )
The car can do more than you think stock. Just ask anyone that tried to keep up with ETF in his stock Si.

I never knew him when he had the Si or Mini. I just met him last year with the Fit. His wife had one too.

I would crave the opportunity to run with him when he had the mini/si. During the GA cruise I'd keep with him in the corners and then nearly run him over when I powered out of them. This year with the BRZ should be different.

Jeff rode with me on a night run (leading the pack) and he witnessed how it's really done :laughing:

I would crave the opportunity to run with him when he had the mini/si. During the GA cruise I'd keep with him in the corners and then nearly run him over when I powered out of them. This year with the BRZ should be different.

Jeff rode with me on a night run (leading the pack) and he witnessed how it's really done :laughing:
My first year or second on the big cruise we got separated from everyone right after the pizza place. I followed the two of them in the Minis. I will have to say it was not an easy task keeping up with them in the Si. It was one of the more fun sections of the entire trip. That and when the bikers yelled at him(stupid kids) when he passed them on the way back. :)

Pics of the Invos before they were installed (last March)

5vpqp5.jpg

24qomyq.jpg

Back