9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

Prob b/c you would run over ppl in front of you.

Like that azzclown on the bike w/ the trailer that pretty much destroyed our cruise. He took me to a place mentally that I hadn't been to in a VERY long time. He's lucky that I allowed him to keep his thumbs.

IMO etf could outdrive most there with his fit. HP does not replace good driving on those roads.

I remember the last year I drove my Si, Cookstar recruited me to lead groups to the starting point for the exhaust shoot. He rode with me to take out the first group, and on the way he said, "I think you better slow down, you're losing everyone." That year, the one person I could not stay up with was Mr.J.

My big problem with the vette is keeping the back tires from spinning during acceleration.
his fit is rightly quick (in the straights) as well

I led the night runs last year and pretty much drove away because I'm a seasoned night driver, and know the dragon very well at this point.

going to look at the BRZ tomorrow @ the philly auto show :woot: , so that will give me a general idea if I truly want one or it's just too small to swing as a DD.

or maybe I'll just get something silly and sleeperish like the legacy gt

I am trying to get to the Philly Auto Show to see said BRZ but I dunno if that's gonna happen....

I am going to the movies with Carol tomorrow and then back to Pittsburgh... Hopefully I will be home next weekend and get there on the last day

IMO etf could outdrive most there with his fit. HP does not replace good driving on those roads.

I remember the last year I drove my Si, Cookstar recruited me to lead groups to the starting point for the exhaust shoot. He rode with me to take out the first group, and on the way he said, "I think you better slow down, you're losing everyone." That year, the one person I could not stay up with was Mr.J.

My big problem with the vette is keeping the back tires from spinning during acceleration.
Very true. I know they are both very talented and have more track time than most of ever will. I was being a little sarcastic, since I was driving too fast for some. I ran the bmw in third, and the i6 had plenty of torque to exit the turns. If I were on the track there would be many turns I would downshift to second. But since it is just spirited, it is more enjoyable in third.

I dont have the same problem of breaking the back free.

Richard
E30, FA5

I think my dyno would be about the same. Just without the peak. And the below numbers are for a new M20. So 169hp +22 years, and driveline losses would put me about the same or lower.
20B25 2.5 L (2494 cc/152 in³) 126 kW (169 hp) @ 5800 226 N·m (166 lb·ft) @ 4000 6700 1985
120 kW (161 hp) @ 5800 215 N·m (158 lb·ft) @ 4000 6700 1985
125 kW (169 hp) @ 5800 222 N·m (163 lb·ft) @ 4300 6700 1987

stock fit is 117hp/106tq. Even with drivetrain loss, and the age, I think you'd be ahead. Regardless, it's not a race...people can have fun on the dragon without huge hp.

stock fit is 117hp/106tq. Even with drivetrain loss, and the age, I think you'd be ahead. Regardless, it's not a race...people can have fun on the dragon without huge hp.

I know and that was partially the point. I remember a few years back there were a few turbo cars, and one couldn't keep traction. And the other, well, made some scary noises behind me. Last run with that person.

I like my low hp, low weight, FR car. It is perfect for what it is. I would have fun even if I brought the Nissan truck. Then maybe Nate would have somebody to do runs with.:D

I know and that was partially the point. I remember a few years back there were a few turbo cars, and one couldn't keep traction. And the other, well, made some scary noises behind me. Last run with that person.

I like my low hp, low weight, FR car. It is perfect for what it is. I would have fun even if I brought the Nissan truck. Then maybe Nate would have somebody to do runs with.:D

poor Nate :laughing:

he went last year, but it was right after he traded his STI in for a cvt legacy, I did let him drive a few times.....and it's scary being in the passenger seat.

jason did you get to sit in the brz? how did i feel inside i.e. cramped / cheap?

jason did you get to sit in the brz? how did i feel inside i.e. cramped / cheap?

not yet, I'm going tomorrow but I don't think they'll allow people to sit in it, it should be roped off but close enough to see inside of it

He's an "aminal"

Back