9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

mikey - did you drive highway 40 basically the whole way?

Yessir. 15 to the 40, take that all the way until we exited to get to the dragon. Made a stop in Amarillo and Memphis outbound, and Oklahoma City and BFE Arizona on the return. On the way back we cut down to Phoenix and to the 10 for that leg of the trip.

I think around the texas/oklahoma area I started to lose my mind. I've driven that twice.

I can't stand New Mexico. Texas is nice because the roads are quality and it's the quickest state to get through.

it just seemed so flat, and nothing to look at... no trees etc.

But the clouds are so pretty :giggle:

And the roads are FRESH!

New mexico is 10x worse. Worst road quality, too hilly to keep it in cruise control half the time, too much road work, nothing to look at, and no civilization.

10 hours from PA is long enough for me, if I get this job that I'm still in the loop for, I might only have a 2.5-3 hour commute to the dragon :woot:

I should have the bmw dyno'd, so I can put the massive amount of hp on it somewhere. I bet it has less than the fits.

I really want to attend this year. It will just depend on how I feel and how much vacation I can accrue.

Richard
E30, FA5

I should have the bmw dyno'd, so I can put the massive amount of hp on it somewhere. I bet it has less than the fits.

I really want to attend this year. It will just depend on how I feel and how much vacation I can accrue.

Richard
E30, FA5
It's still a long time away, so I hope you feel better.

at least your car sounds like the most powerful, well 2nd when Ken shows up with some LTs and exhaust :ohnoes:

I have no problem riding about 6th in the line (about where my car will be without holding people up)

0702_impp_08z+honda_fit+dyno_1.jpg

2007 fit stock baseline. 91hp/88tq

for some reason everyone suggested that I lead last year :scratches:
Prob b/c you would run over ppl in front of you. J/K
I have trouble leading. It is hard to determine the speed for the whole group. I really liked the smaller groups the last time I attended. I don't necessarily mean just two, but more than 6 is hard to do.

0702_impp_08z+honda_fit+dyno_1.jpg

2007 fit stock baseline. 91hp/88tq

I think my dyno would be about the same. Just without the peak. And the below numbers are for a new M20. So 169hp +22 years, and driveline losses would put me about the same or lower.
20B25 2.5 L (2494 cc/152 in³) 126 kW (169 hp) @ 5800 226 N·m (166 lb·ft) @ 4000 6700 1985
120 kW (161 hp) @ 5800 215 N·m (158 lb·ft) @ 4000 6700 1985
125 kW (169 hp) @ 5800 222 N·m (163 lb·ft) @ 4300 6700 1987

IMO etf could outdrive most there with his fit. HP does not replace good driving on those roads.

I remember the last year I drove my Si, Cookstar recruited me to lead groups to the starting point for the exhaust shoot. He rode with me to take out the first group, and on the way he said, "I think you better slow down, you're losing everyone." That year, the one person I could not stay up with was Mr.J.

My big problem with the vette is keeping the back tires from spinning during acceleration.

Coilovers and the swaybar. A lot more leannig in the corners this past one, it made me uncomfortable since I was on the coilovers for 3 meets there.

I DEFINITELY missed the Progress rear sway last year. Especially with the rubbing tires. :pat:

Back