9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

you guys are probably right... I wasn't sure if it was 2 or 3yrs. 15hrs or whatever on a crotch rocket is crazy

Both are crazy. Driving cross country in a car is nuts, driving from Canadia to North Carolina on a motorcycle is even crazier. Both of those make me feel like a pansy for not wanting to drive my Miata 5 hours to the dragon

I am sure I will be the last car in line! I am def. the least experienced and slowest vehicle.
nothing wrong with riding in the back. I was intimidated my first time and was F'ing up bad (not unsafe, just entering corners too fast). You'll be surprised how well you will do with some discussions with the vets and a ride along.

Both are crazy. Driving cross country in a car is nuts, driving from Canadia to North Carolina on a motorcycle is even crazier. Both of those make me feel like a pansy for not wanting to drive my Miata 5 hours to the dragon
maybe you are :giggle:

5 hours? You are a big baby :giggle:

^^ speak of the devil.. will you be making the drive this year?

I really want to come out again. Money or getting time off aren't really an issue now, but finding a buddy might be. My girlfriend is starting nursing school next month, and won't be able to get the time off. So it's unlikely I would be able to, but we shall see.

you could caravan with Michael Hogains.. although he said he probably can't go.

Those guys are nuts for doing that drive.... I think doing more than a 6 hr drive is nuts thou.....

I need a co pilot to hand me energy drinks and slap me awake after 12 straight hours of driving :giggle:

This last time, I did all the driving, and it was....rough at times.

015.jpg

not sure if mikey6p will be attending - but he drives from Cali to the dragon meet. He's the one who ran the "Lee's Sandwich Garden Grove" meet you went to. You can ask him what he thinks of the meet. Not sure if he's been to the dragon 3 times now..or?

Twice. 08 and '11.

you need one of these, but fill each side with 5hr energy, or your fav energy drink

lens17572970_1296096045beer-hat.jpg

the slapping thing... well, I'll have to see about a self slapping hat. :think:

There's really no point when you see state troopers every 5 miles or so, and they pull me over even going the speed limit.

Playing DVD's on the navi helps, even if I can't watch it passes the time to hear it.

Back