9thcivic Tail of The Dragon Meet September 13th-16th 2012

Crap! I just realized this is going to happen the week that ALMS finally comes to VIR. :sadface:

all the cool ppl in this pics...
Me, Matt, Santiago, Rich, Rich's Son, Ken, Robert, Christina, Mike, Dave, Steph, Nathan, Rickeh, Rachel, Joey, Dawn, Jared...
miss u y'll...

Not to mention "He who shall not be named" :shhhh: :escaper:

I'll try to get a general info thread posted soon, I have to call fontana today and arrange some sort of dinner on Saturday so I'll probably need an estimate of how many people will attend.

I'll probably start the registrations in feb or march

Which to drive? I won't have time to finish my son's car. I don't know if I will be able to finish it at all. I can't seem to find the time or energy to do what's needed to the other 4. LOL Wifey's car is not pictured, since she is working. 2012 Sonata Limited.

2012-01-27123820-2.jpg

I'd go with whatever you think would be the most fun in the turns..

were you completely stock at the last meet? Notice a big difference (if you were stock)?

the e30 sounds much better than anything else

you could bring the nissan pickup and still outrun Jeff lol :laughing:

i'll take the 300 from you :D

the e30 sounds much better than anything else

you could bring the nissan pickup and still outrun Jeff lol :laughing:
The 300 needs a lot of work. The winshield was leaking and I dont know how much damage there is. I have the engine for it in the garage, but just havent felt up to doing much.

I do think the e30 sounds the best, and is in the running for the least hp vs the truck. I would be lucky if it has 120 hp.

If anyone still has an 8th gen, the CMC swap did wonders to my tranny/clutch. I just drove to Macon, and beat on it with no problems. One hour each way. I would get a grind every third or so time I would try to quickly shift to second.

Richard
E30, FA5

What do you think the biggest factor was...not being on Coilovers or..

Coilovers and the swaybar. A lot more leannig in the corners this past one, it made me uncomfortable since I was on the coilovers for 3 meets there.

not sure if mikey6p will be attending - but he drives from Cali to the dragon meet. He's the one who ran the "Lee's Sandwich Garden Grove" meet you went to. You can ask him what he thinks of the meet. Not sure if he's been to the dragon 3 times now..or?

I am sure I will be the last car in line! I am def. the least experienced and slowest vehicle.

^^I believe you're right Ken. He's a cool guy, I think it's awesome that he drives all the way from Cali. But then again there's the one guy that drove from Canadiatown on a motorcycle. That's insane

Back