9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

The dragon meet curses me to major changes in my life.

2011 with old site:

Get days off approved then...
Decide to get married.

2012 Get days off approved then...
Paid last year: Result - New job. Couldn't swing it.

2013 Get days off approved then.....
Pay this year: Result - Job offer in LA.

The hell!

Last edited:
The dragon meet curses me to major changes in my life.

2011 with old site:

Get days off approved then...
Decide to get married.

2012 Get days off approved then...
Paid last year: Result - New job. Couldn't swing it.

2013 Get days off approved then.....
Pay this year: Result - Job offer in LA.

The hell!

mikey6p came from California twice! You can do it :thumbsup:

True. It wouldn't be too bad on gas either since I have a nice little econobox LX.

My only concern is moving/changing jobs/requesting time off immediately.

True. It wouldn't be too bad on gas either since I have a nice little econobox LX.

My only concern is moving/changing jobs/requesting time off immediately.

Specify in the interviews that you already have vacation time set aside and you'd need X amount of days in September, they should allow it.

That's what I hate about employers, many places don't give you actual vacation time until your 1yr anniversary, which is total BS. People aren't going to dedicate 1 year of nearly nonstop work just to get 5 days of vacation, there's no loyalty from employer to employee anymore.

Last edited:
Los Angeles. My brother already lives there and my wife has an offer for a regional HR position out there as well.

Also if we move I can finally have a nice car since I won't be dealing with the salt anymore!

Last edited:
would you retire, or look into other work if they really close?

It's possible our division could continue for several more years, or be closed in a few months. Nobody knows. Usually there is little rhyme or reason behind these type of decisions.

I'd keep working as long as someone will hire me. I'm only 51. There's an engineer I eat lunch with every day, who just turned 73.

Whether I continue as a new product development engineer, or something else, I don't know. It's hard to tell where I stand. I'm fairly confident every manager above me (3-4 levels) think I'm doing a great job, but that could end up meaning nothing. If our division closed, I might be offered a position somewhere else, but may not want it.

I love my job, but hate the corporate garbage.

I'd keep working as long as someone will hire me. I'm only 51. There's an engineer I eat lunch with every day, who just turned 73.

I have an engineering degree but I couldn't get full time anywhere. Just part time or piece-meal project work. At least one place was truthful and said honestly they had tons of guys who had been there forever and weren't going anywhere for another 30 years. They had no reason to hire another guy when the "old guard" could do all the work with some part time help on the big projects here and there.

I gave up and changed fields after 2 years.

Tires for later... :excited:

DSCN6680_zps7e7cea1e.jpg

DSCN6681_zpse8d017e1.jpg

Back