9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

I would expect to be in 3rd for most of it. The car is pretty forgiving about being in the wrong gear without underlugging or jumping up on the tach but it makes a really annoying whine when it doesn't like where I am.

Shifting maybe wasn't my biggest concern. I am mostly concerned with steering and being embarrassingly s-l-o-w. I will consider it. I'm sure once I get there I'll feel better about the whole thing. I'm excited to meet everyone! I can't believe it's so soon.

I really appreciate the helpful feedback from everyone! And yes, 07TLX I'm a her!

I would expect to be in 3rd for most of it. The car is pretty forgiving about being in the wrong gear without underlugging or jumping up on the tach but it makes a really annoying whine when it doesn't like where I am.

Shifting maybe wasn't my biggest concern. I am mostly concerned with steering and being embarrassingly s-l-o-w. I will consider it. I'm sure once I get there I'll feel better about the whole thing. I'm excited to meet everyone! I can't believe it's so soon.

I really appreciate the helpful feedback from everyone! And yes, 07TLX I'm a her!

I was 99% you are a her....

Like Jason said, do a ride along with someone who has been there and you can learn a lot...

LOL.

Hey etf, have you seen the DSG transmissions in the VW/Audis? I heard you went to the auto for your wife, it's a auto-manual with two clutches, computer controlled, paddle shifters, auto mode etc. Shifts extremely fast... rev matches on down shift perfectly, etc.
Well aware of the DSG transmissions. Our best friend has a '12 GTI with the DSG and our son has a M3 with the DCT. They're both very fun to drive and they're both out of our price range.

I ordered some prizes from work today that will be either raffled off or given as prizes / trophies.

I got lug nuts, heat tape and heat wrap, and then the big prize which I won't mention at this time.

I was on Pocono Raceway North Course yesterday - 3 hours of hard driving. :excited:

2wn9zed.png

Back