9thcivic Tail of the Dragon Part II: Official Information and Attendee Thread

I was on Pocono Raceway North Course yesterday - 3 hours of hard driving. :excited:

2wn9zed.png

You got to go solo?

I gotta get the beater G35 to the track, I'd rather track that than the WRXs.

Everyone gets to go solo after the instructors approve you. You should really go there. I know you will love it.

How did you get into it? Was it NASA / SCCA sanctioned hpde or a private Corvette outing?

NJMP is closer to me I was going to check it out, I just never trusted the WRX much to take it out on a track, auto x is different no extended wot in 4th gear.

How did you get into it? Was it NASA / SCCA sanctioned hpde or a private Corvette outing?

NJMP is closer to me I was going to check it out, I just never trusted the WRX much to take it out on a track, auto x is different no extended wot in 4th gear.

Was your WRX that unreliable? I hear you talking about how you didn't trust it and how you traded it for the G35 before you had more problems etc. Can you elaborate on what you are talking about?

Was your WRX that unreliable? I hear you talking about how you didn't trust it and how you traded it for the G35 before you had more problems etc. Can you elaborate on what you are talking about?

EJ25s are not reliable at extended wot in 3rd 4th gear, even with good tunes sometimes, the extended heat really takes a toll on the pistons. In order to make them reliable at the track they need dual catch cans, a larger downpipe, good tune that runs lower boost than a normal ots map at high rpms, an oil cooler.

EJs arent good unless theyre built.

I mainly got the G because I wanted a cheap rwd car that I could buy outright and not have any payment for a while. I was getting tires of having a new car with payments and worrying about the warranty. Now it's more of a 0 ____s given type of car. Thinking about evemtually doing an LS swap down the road if I wanna keep it that long.

hey guys. i second what MrsJrotax101 said, i dont wear heels. if i do they are wedges, n def not 5 inch heels. also i cannot drive in heels, heels plus clutch dont mix well for me.

i will also add that i want to drive the dragon. and be a passenger. jus dont know which i will do more. i gotta get brakes and my filters installed. also i've never done any of those 10,000, 20,000 or 30,000 mile check ups. just oil changes, since i dont have 300+ lying around. what all is involved in those things. i am now at ~31000 miles. got my oil changed last week.

hey guys. i second what MrsJrotax101 said, i dont wear heels. if i do they are wedges, n def not 5 inch heels. also i cannot drive in heels, heels plus clutch dont mix well for me.

i will also add that i want to drive the dragon. and be a passenger. jus dont know which i will do more. i gotta get brakes and my filters installed. also i've never done any of those 10,000, 20,000 or 30,000 mile check ups. just oil changes, since i dont have 300+ lying around. what all is involved in those things. i am now at ~31000 miles. got my oil changed last week.

Probably, air filter, oil change, tire rotation, cabin filter, brake checks, etc.

I'm bringing some tool so I can do some car maintenance down there.

2 years ago I had to rotate my tires in front of my cabin because I tore the fronts up on the N GA drive, damn nose heavy Subarus.

Probably, air filter, oil change, tire rotation, cabin filter, brake checks, etc.

I'm bringing some tool so I can do some car maintenance down there.

2 years ago I had to rotate my tires in front of my cabin because I tore the fronts up on the N GA drive, damn nose heavy Subarus.

ok so im changing the air n cabin filters i jus need tools since unfortunately we dont have any in my house. got to order brakes cuz at the oil change they told me the fronts n backs were low. n i got a tire rotation after 20000 miles so if anything i'll rotate them after the dragon, i do want them to wear evenly. plus next year i'll have new wheels anyway.

sounds good then. my clutch is still squeaky tho, my bf had the line? adjusted n it had stopped but its started again. :(

ok so im changing the air n cabin filters i jus need tools since unfortunately we dont have any in my house. got to order brakes cuz at the oil change they told me the fronts n backs were low. n i got a tire rotation after 20000 miles so if anything i'll rotate them after the dragon, i do want them to wear evenly. plus next year i'll have new wheels anyway.

sounds good then. my clutch is still squeaky tho, my bf had the line? adjusted n it had stopped but its started again. :(

Is this an 8th gen si? Mine did that, there's a part of the clutch pedal under the dash you can lubricate to make it go away. Search the other forums (8th)

<----- 9th si

thanks tho.

If it's under warranty bring it by the dealer and complain. I knew mine just need lubricated but I didn't feel like doing it. I took it to the dealer for just a few minutes and they had it working free from squeaks again.

I know how irritating it can be... it takes the enjoyment out of driving a manual with then clutch pedal is all creaky.

I might do some minor surgery on the VQ35 before the dragon, it needs spark plugs and I might sneak a plenum spacer on while I'm at it.

Back