DIY ADExternal's 2012 Honda Civic Reverse Backup Camera DIY

No problem.....I was just curious what kind of ambient lighting it was. If its just a normal ambient light kit I've already seen that, but I thought it might have been your cup holder light you have.

Anyway, back to my question a few posts up. Is the 4 LED lights in the reverse camera enough to light up the license plate okay or do I need to mod that too? (I have already done all the steps for the camera prep work.)

Last edited:
yes even 2 LED's are bright enough for the plate light haha
Good.....cause I got the first step done. :)
ADExternal......I think the DIY needs to be updated to show that the camera needs to have a 10 mm raise so it clears the garnish. This is posted later in the thread by another member but I saw it too late.

Reverse camera.JPG

Last edited:
has anyone figured out a way to install the reverse camera on a 12 civic si with nav system??

squiggy did on his (i think) it was a license plate frame with a camera on it and infrared lights.
Hopefully he can chime in and help

squiggy did on his (i think) it was a license plate frame with a camera on it and infrared lights.
Hopefully he can chime in and help

I wish I could help but, I am using an aftermarket head unit.

I wish I could help but, I am using an aftermarket head unit.

oooh ok, well i'm wondering now, what would be the difference with navi? wouldnt the imid have the same connections regardless if there was navi or not? i would think you can still put the pins in and it would work. but i'm just speculating

Back