Anyone here a beer advocate?

I will find where you live and break in your house. All your normal valuables will still be there. But all the beer valuables will be gone.

Yeah buddy!
IMG_2337_zps286678c2.jpg

My haul tonight (bought, not consumed).

Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout
Ommegang Three Philosophers Quad
Deschutes Jubelale

oh yeah...and a 6 of Celebration.

Yeah buddy!
IMG_2337_zps286678c2.jpg

You like the Celebration?

The DFH Indian Brown Ale is very good as well. I've never had/heard of the Fixed Gear though.

My haul tonight (bought, not consumed).

Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout
Ommegang Three Philosophers Quad
Deschutes Jubelale

oh yeah...and a 6 of Celebration.

Creme Brulee is so sweet :giggle: I can only drink a tiny bit. Mixed with Pumking it's pretty good.

How is the Jubelale? How does it compare to Great Lakes Christmas Ale (if you've had it)? It sounds like it would be delicious.

I think I mentioned this over on 8th... but some dude at the WVU tailgate Saturday night gave me a free bottle of Pumking. It was awesome :giggle:

You like the Celebration?

The DFH Indian Brown Ale is very good as well. I've never had/heard of the Fixed Gear though.
I like all of them. But I'm leaning more to the IBA as the better beer since it is much smoother to drink. Fixed Gear is not like a normal Red Ale. It has a slight IPA taste to it. It's pretty surprising.

I find brown ales to be pretty boring for the most part... but that DFH one is easily my favorite. It still can't beat a great Sierra Nevada IPA for me though :D

I'm going to buy a bunch of different beers in two weeks for my bday. :D It will be a mix of good stuff, besides Duvel. :giggle:

The creme brulee is really sweet. But it's good. Like caramel beer.

It's been a long time since I've had the Jubelale. I'll let you know how it is when I crack into it. Never had the Great Lakes Christmas Ale.

I like IPAs as well. Red Hook makes some good beer. Brewery is near the end of my bike ride trail in Woodinville, WA.

I believe all beers at their most basic classification can either be considered either an ale or a lager.

I always enjoy reading and learning about different types of beer.

I mainly drink IPAs, pale Ales, and Belgium strong ales.

You are correct sir. All beers will fall under either Ale or Lager.

Just curious on how much money you guys spend on these craft brews in a period of like 6 months.. It's gotta get kinda pricy eventually.

Now don't get me wrong, I love me some nice quality beer, but there is no way in hell with the amount me and my roommate drink that I would be buying it 24/7...

Haha I'm drinking a tall boy of rolling rock right now and I'm perfectly fine with that.. Does the job and is just as refreshing after a hard days work as almost anything else..

Cheers guys

Honestly - not much here. Probably $50/month at the very most, mostly $25/month. I don't drink to get drunk on a regular basis but because I like the different beers.

Honestly - not much here. Probably $50/month at the very most, mostly $25/month. I don't drink to get drunk on a regular basis but because I like the different beers.

Makes sense.. I was just curious. Some of those beers can get pretty pricey.. But we all know ya get what ya pay for!

Back