Anyone here a beer advocate?

You guys ever hear of Mack beer? I should have grabbed some when I was at their brewery earlier this month but didn't know how it would manage the trip back home.

Pumped to try this

2z88ens.png

You guys ever hear of Mack beer? I should have grabbed some when I was at their brewery earlier this month but didn't know how it would manage the trip back home.
I haven't heard of it. Where's the brewery located?
Pumped to try this

2z88ens.png
Seems expensive. Lol. When I bought beer last week, I saw a 6-pack of their Big Eye IPA. And I could not find the price on the shelves. So I asked a clerk how much it was. I was thinking around $11 or $12 which would have been fine. The 6-pack ended up being $14.99.....

I'd probably just try the normal Sculpin IPA over its Habanero version.

Yeah lol It's definitely overprice on the east coast. A great IPA, but not worth that price.. especially considering it won't be super fresh.

I haven't heard of it. Where's the brewery located?

Tromsø, Norway. It's on the far northern coast. Reviews say it's horrible but I'm thinking it's probably their Budweiser or Miller equivalent. Not craft or anything but as they say..."when in Rome." Maybe I'll grab a glass when I go back.

I bought a 6-pack of the Torpedo and another 12-pack of the Boston Lager. :giggle: the Sculpin IPA is priced at $17.99. I didn't think about buying it. Lol. And the Troegs Nugget Nectar wasn't available. I'll try to go this Thursday to a bar that has it.
Yeah lol It's definitely overprice on the east coast. A great IPA, but not worth that price.. especially considering it won't be super fresh.
The Big Eye IPAs price went down to $12.99. Its not a bad price, but the Torpedo is a better IPA and is cheaper.
Tromsø, Norway. It's on the far northern coast. Reviews say it's horrible but I'm thinking it's probably their Budweiser or Miller equivalent. Not craft or anything but as they say..."when in Rome." Maybe I'll grab a glass when I go back.
It probably tastes better in Norway than imported .

Beer Advocate is working on a mobile app. Finally!

I bought a 6-pack of the Torpedo and another 12-pack of the Boston Lager. :giggle: the Sculpin IPA is priced at $17.99. I didn't think about buying it. Lol. And the Troegs Nugget Nectar wasn't available. I'll try to go this Thursday to a bar that has it.

The Big Eye IPAs price went down to $12.99. Its not a bad price, but the Torpedo is a better IPA and is cheaper.

I say splurge for the Sculpin at some point if you can tell if it's fresh. It truly is a world class IPA. However, if you can't tell old it is, don't even bother. I've actually never had Big Eye. I've heard it's pretty good... but it definitely wouldn't surprise me if Torpedo is better.

Beer Advocate is working on a mobile app. Finally!

Do you mean like, an actual app for BA? I just started using their mobile website. I had never tried it before up until now.

Sierra Nevada is bringing out a 4 pack IPA blend. I'm gonna keep my eye open. Otherwise, I'm gonna pull some strings in Chico with some old friends to export it to Washington.
http://www.sierranevada.com/beer/specialty/ipa-variety-pack

I was hoping to be able to find these. For some reason, I never see their variety packs. I missed out on their last Beer Camp pack.

I did however have thier Olivia Quad last week on draft. It was pretty damn good.

I say splurge for the Sculpin at some point if you can tell if it's fresh. It truly is a world class IPA. However, if you can't tell old it is, don't even bother. I've actually never had Big Eye. I've heard it's pretty good... but it definitely wouldn't surprise me if Torpedo is better.

Do you mean like, an actual app for BA? I just started using their mobile website. I had never tried it before up until now.
One of these days, I'll get an expensive beer. Lol.

Yep. And for the price, the Torpedo beats it.

The 'app' is a beta for now which is used by the mobile's web browser. Here's a link: http://beeradvocate.com/m

My liquor store does not have any Bell's beer. So I have yet to taste any. :(

The 'app' is a beta for now which is used by the mobile's web browser. Here's a link: http://beeradvocate.com/m

Yep... that's what I just started using. Like yesterday lol Useful for when I'm in stores looking up beers :giggle:

My liquor store does not have any Bell's beer. So I have yet to taste any. :(

Blame your state. No Bells in New Jersey. Or anywhere in the northeast really. Not sure how far you're from PA, but that's your only chance of getting some.

Bellls has easily become one of my favorite breweries. Dare I say my favorite. It's basically a toss up with them and Founders.

I can't wait to taste the Sculpin!

ehudy8ah.jpg

Back