Betty White tying da twisties like skrewlaces Wit dat possible *Whine* on teh Side... bout dat lyfe.

I had a turbo Volvo before this so I'm aware of the maintenance issues that can arise. I just sent it on its way with the new owner this morning after I dropped my Civic off (2 cars gone in 1 day! Terrible!) Honestly, my biggest problem with the Volvo was a rear main seal oil leak, but that was a known issue with the car and most of them end up with it at some point. Other than that, it ran like a top until I stopped driving it at 120k. I changed the oil every 3000-3500 miles and ran synthetic blend at the time I believe.

Yes, the Turbo kit is definitely a more involved install the supercharger I would have attempted myself with a friend or something maybe but I am having a shop by me do the Turbo install as you know.

The turbo was an absolute blast to drive and I highly recommend a turbo to anyone that asks. I just love the sound they make while spooling - to me is it better than the SC whine which is pretty awesome itself. Another thing is the adjustability and expandability with the turbo. It will be able to produce more boost than you will ever want to put in your car most likely so it has a wider power range that it can support for your car for around the same price as a ported and venom cooled Stg2 CTE kit I believe? You will probably feel the turbo lag since you used to have the SC though. I know in my Volvo I felt it, but the driver is the only one who feels it. Passengers just feel like the car just got floored when the lag catches up. (If any major lag exists)

I dunno I guess I'm just biased :P

You not biased at all! You gave me more insight on turbos and how I should do it. I think it's time for me to do a turbo kit and really make some power! Maybe a nice EFR 7670 or GTX3071r

I'd be happy if I got 3500 or more. Mine is ported manifold and blower, venom cooler, lightweight rotors, ported merc inlet, and merc aftercooler. I'm hoping that people will be interested in mine because it only has 900 miles on the entire set up.

3500 is very fair price to me. You should take nothing less than that. Is it coming with a big bore tb and big injectors

Reactions: 5SK
bolts are in, no more exhaust leak!!! & no more riding around sounding like a ricer due to downpipe being open. Now on the misc tasks in the bay to remove small stuff like 410cc injectors, hoses for blow-off valve, aem tru-boost controller, aem wideband & frog eye gauge cluster hopefully it will be all over after that.

bolts are in, no more exhaust leak!!! & no more riding around sounding like a ricer due to downpipe being open. Now on the misc tasks in the bay to remove small stuff like 410cc injectors, hoses for blow-off valve, aem tru-boost controller, aem wideband & frog eye gauge cluster hopefully it will be all over after that.
It should be done after that! I'm sure your car is running like poop with those injectors still in there

You not biased at all! You gave me more insight on turbos and how I should do it. I think it's time for me to do a turbo kit and really make some power! Maybe a nice EFR 7670 or GTX3071r

I pick GTX3071R. The turbo spools like a GT2871 and creates the power of the GT3071R. The GTX3071R has a much quick spool producing less lag, and most Si guys using this turbo get 500+ whp out of it. I think it is also cheaper than EFR & easier to replace in case u need to for some reason.

It should be done after that! I'm sure your car is running like poop with those injectors still in there

I'm hoping unless i forgot something been rushing since its my daily driver at the moment. Slightly running like poop but running basemap on flashpro for the 410cc injectors :) so it's not so bad.

I pick GTX3071R. The turbo spools like a GT2871 and creates the power of the GT3071R. The GTX3071R has a much quick spool producing less lag, and most Si guys using this turbo get 500+ whp out of it. I think it is also cheaper than EFR & easier to replace in case u need to for some reason.

I'm hoping unless i forgot something been rushing since its my daily driver at the moment. Slightly running like poop but running basemap on flashpro for the 410cc injectors :) so it's not so bad.

Yea the but I'm really like the precision 5858 ball bearing turbo because of its power band on the 9th. It's almost identical to my supercharger graph. The GTX 3071R is a amazing turbo it is cheaper than the EFR as well and can make similar power as. But I do believe the EFR spool faster than the GTX. but on si that is where the problem comes in spooling to fast and torque coming in to fast for the stock rods to handle.

Yea the but I'm really like the precision 5858 ball bearing turbo because of its power band on the 9th. It's almost identical to my supercharger graph. The GTX 3071R is a amazing turbo it is cheaper than the EFR as well and can make similar power as. But I do believe the EFR spool faster than the GTX. but on si that is where the problem comes in spooling to fast and torque coming in to fast for the stock rods to handle.

I didn't know u were thinking about the 5858 as well that changes things around lol.

I personally still would stick with Garett only because that's what was in my r18, great quality product and never had problems with mine.

That just means u gotta fork out dough for aftermarket rods :) lol

I didn't know u were thinking about the 5858 as well that changes things around lol.

I personally still would stick with Garett only because that's what was in my r18, great quality product and never had problems with mine.

That just means u gotta fork out dough for aftermarket rods :) lol

Yea the 5858 is what comes with the PRL kit. I really like the performance of the turbo.

Shiiiiiiiiiiittttttt I'm not forking money out for a engine build. Lmao not happening. :)

Yea the 5858 is what comes with the PRL kit. I really like the performance of the turbo.

Shiiiiiiiiiiittttttt I'm not forking money out for a engine build. Lmao not happening. :)

is gtx3071r a option for PRL? interested for my future build. 5858 is an amazing turbo as well I would love to see u run one. & uh uh we will see for the engine build I will egg u on when I get my si.

is gtx3071r a option for PRL? interested for my future build. 5858 is an amazing turbo as well I would love to see u run one. & uh uh we will see for the engine build I will egg u on when I get my si.

Yea it is a option GSquared is going to be running it! Can't wait for the result from that car. I can promise I won't build the motor :giggle:

ahh just run a safe psi like 12-14 I'm assuming but unsure till I see someone push the limits

Well psi has nothing to do with the trans honestly. It's the torque. And Brandon is making 354wtq that's a lot to ask for this trans. Now PRL is making even more. I just don't trust Honda transmission because they are one step above glass and at over 300lbs of tq that's just asking for it to break. Plus BBG is not supported yet on the 9th. So that means you are getting full boost in every gear. Which 12-14psi in first and second is going to be putting that trans thru straight HELL lol

Well psi has nothing to do with the trans honestly. It's the torque. And Brandon is making 354wtq that's a lot to ask for this trans. Now PRL is making even more. I just don't trust Honda transmission because they are one step above glass and at over 300lbs of tq that's just asking for it to break. Plus BBG is not supported yet on the 9th. So that means you are getting full boost in every gear. Which 12-14psi in first and second is going to be putting that trans thru straight HELL lol

ahh lesson of the day lol, that is lot of torque what does Brandon got in his 9th?

Back