Betty White tying da twisties like skrewlaces Wit dat possible *Whine* on teh Side... bout dat lyfe.

I haven't heard anything bad yet! I hope that's not case. Glad I only ordered small things. Well things that shouldn't break at all in shipping. But if my stuff came broken they would be sending my money or replacing it no if, ands or buts about it. I don't play that crap. Lol

Have you had a bad experience with them?

No. I saw someone post something about it on a fb page. The person bought a CTR replica bumper (or some type of bumper) and it had a big crack on the middle so it pretty much came in two pieces. Lol. He called Kplayground and they didn't want to send out another one.

As long as you used a credit card, you can always file a claim with the credit card company if KPlayground will not honor their obligations for providing parts that are as advertised. It IS their responsibility to make sure the parts get to you in proper condition.

I used my PayPal. Which I could do the same thing with them. I know my emblems came package very well from them. I actually was like that's a lot for emblems lol. Hopefully everything comes quickly and nicely package!

Reactions: 5SK
No. I saw someone post something about it on a fb page. The person bought a CTR replica bumper (or some type of bumper) and it had a big crack on the middle so it pretty much came in two pieces. Lol. He called Kplayground and they didn't want to send out another one.

Oh no they would have sent me another one! That is terrible customer service. Like sig said its Their RESPONSIBILITIES to get me the items in one pieces and not broken.

that person just didnt know how to handle the situation, most people don't. At the end of the day if I were to dispute a transaction my bank first says contact them & try to work something out if not my bank will try then when all else fails they just reimburse me for my money.

that person just didnt know how to handle the situation, most people don't. At the end of the day if I were to dispute a transaction my bank first says contact them & try to work something out if not my bank will try then when all else fails they just reimburse me for my money.

Same here! But that is still ridiculous they wouldn't send another bumper.

I would do the same thing. If I buy something it wouldn't be for the reason that I like buying broken parts.

Right! Like who does that? Lol

Like you said, you used PayPal though and they almost always side with the buyer, not the seller. Also if you have an Amex, use that where you don't use PayPal, it's like having a lawyer on your side at all times. I get instantly refunded on my disputes sometimes. It's great.

Have you made the decision on SC vs Turbo on the '13? Going to change it up or do something similar to the 8th and get a CT ported and Venom Cooled? (I read through your 8th thread, that thing was a monster!)

I've always heard everyone say supercharger is easier and less Maintenance than a turbo, I've also never done a turbo build so I'm curious what makes turbo "harder" to maintain? I did the jr install on my 8th gen so I know what's involved with blowers but not a clue on turbos.

I've always heard everyone say supercharger is easier and less Maintenance than a turbo, I've also never done a turbo build so I'm curious what makes turbo "harder" to maintain? I did the jr install on my 8th gen so I know what's involved with blowers but not a clue on turbos.

Well for one you most of the time have to drop the motor and subframe to install it. Most of the time. I think PRL just dropped the subframe. Normally you have tap the oil pan as well which leaks most of the times. But it's gotten a lot better. Have to worries about keeping the turbo lubed up and change the oil more because the oil is cooling the turbo so the oil breaks down faster. Install is a lot harder than the blower. It's also a must to change the clutch as well. So it's a lot going on. Also have to worry about turbo seals and etc etc. but they have there very very strong points as well. I'm thinking about just doing a turbo because I haven't done one before. It's kinda time for something different!

Yeah that's a lot more to keep up with. I wouldn't have an issue with dropping the subframe since I have access to 24 rotary car lifts lol but the actual turbo stuff like seals sounds dumb, I'd constantly be worried about the small stuff like that. Maybe ill just get another project car and turbo it haha.

Yeah that's a lot more to keep up with. I wouldn't have an issue with dropping the subframe since I have access to 24 rotary car lifts lol but the actual turbo stuff like seals sounds dumb, I'd constantly be worried about the small stuff like that. Maybe ill just get another project car and turbo it haha.
That's my thoughts as well! But I do think it's still worth trying tho. The PRL kit is flawlessly and they made the install seem not so bad. So I might try it. I still want the CTE kit just for the clean fit and finish it has.

Yeah I love to look of the CT kit. Have sold your JR kit yet? I don't have a clue what I should ask for mine when I put it up for sale on 8th. I think ours have very similar mods done to it.

Yeah I love to look of the CT kit. Have sold your JR kit yet? I don't have a clue what I should ask for mine when I put it up for sale on 8th. I think ours have very similar mods done to it.

Well I had my entire kit sold. But what I did was I swap my friend Xavier for his stage 2 CTE kit plus 1850 cash which meant he got the aftercooler, inlet, my ported manifold blower and venom cooled JRSC. Then I sold the CTE kit $2200! So a total of $4250 if you have all of what I had. Then I would say around 3750-4k if you don't have everything then like 3200-3500

Well I had my entire kit sold. But what I did was I swap my friend Xavier for his stage 2 CTE kit plus 1850 cash which meant he got the aftercooler, inlet, my ported manifold blower and venom cooled JRSC. Then I sold the CTE kit $2200! So a total of $4250 if you have all of what I had. Then I would say around 3750-4k if you don't have everything then like 3200-3500
I'd be happy if I got 3500 or more. Mine is ported manifold and blower, venom cooler, lightweight rotors, ported merc inlet, and merc aftercooler. I'm hoping that people will be interested in mine because it only has 900 miles on the entire set up.

GSquared. I'm leaning more toward the CTE because of ease of use and install. Also less maintenance to worry about and it's super clean. BUT that PRL kit is picking my brain for sure because I've never done a turbo and want to try it. What you think?

I had a turbo Volvo before this so I'm aware of the maintenance issues that can arise. I just sent it on its way with the new owner this morning after I dropped my Civic off (2 cars gone in 1 day! Terrible!) Honestly, my biggest problem with the Volvo was a rear main seal oil leak, but that was a known issue with the car and most of them end up with it at some point. Other than that, it ran like a top until I stopped driving it at 120k. I changed the oil every 3000-3500 miles and ran synthetic blend at the time I believe.

Yes, the Turbo kit is definitely a more involved install the supercharger I would have attempted myself with a friend or something maybe but I am having a shop by me do the Turbo install as you know.

The turbo was an absolute blast to drive and I highly recommend a turbo to anyone that asks. I just love the sound they make while spooling - to me is it better than the SC whine which is pretty awesome itself. Another thing is the adjustability and expandability with the turbo. It will be able to produce more boost than you will ever want to put in your car most likely so it has a wider power range that it can support for your car for around the same price as a ported and venom cooled Stg2 CTE kit I believe? You will probably feel the turbo lag since you used to have the SC though. I know in my Volvo I felt it, but the driver is the only one who feels it. Passengers just feel like the car just got floored when the lag catches up. (If any major lag exists)

I dunno I guess I'm just biased :P

Back