Brakes smoking

i'm gonna install the buddy club caliper kit after i'm done with all the tests....

and i need to drop my car & put my rims back on... but the car right now drives amazing...

still have a little understeer, but it now perform like a sports sedan people will want to buy... the stock set up is just too soft & gutless & that's why sales are lagging...

Reactions: Nix
@Nix I'm pretty sure that the Si needs F307. I will check with my friend at Mackin on Monday for you.

I know that the B-force is not currently in stock in the states though as no one has ordered it for our cars, except for me[emoji3] . Will have to be made, lead time is 6-8 weeks.

Last edited:
good debate is always fun to read.... as long as it's base on fact, not opinion
Blasphemy. We all know this is the internet and everybody's opinion is factual.:bunny:

A lot of the time the fixed caliper upgrade provides the user with better feel/consistency etc but actual stopping distances are the same.

Plus, BBK's are cool. So if you have the money why not. Still need the pads to go with it though..

Blasphemy. We all know this is the internet and everybody's opinion is factual.:bunny:

A lot of the time the fixed caliper upgrade provides the user with better feel/consistency etc but actual stopping distances are the same.

Plus, BBK's are cool. So if you have the money why not. Still need the pads to go with it though..

The one compelling reason I can see is in unsprung weight reduction... But for me personally that's not enough at this point...

This is true. The weight difference between high quality 2pc floating rotors such as Performance Friction and OEM is staggering, also. Specialty BBK calipers and race calipers also shave a ton of weight over the factory options from Acura/Porsche/Mitsu..

http://www.performancefriction.com/forums-blogs/blog/2011/04/Nissan-350z-Rotor-and-Pad-Install
I run these disks (PFC DD) on my track car. Absolutely love them. I sold my BBK and went back to this, due to only getting to the track in my own car less than 10x a year. Usually end up driving others'.. lol

Last edited:
I just finished my TSX caliper swap and drum to disc conversion. I'll give a good review of the Project Mu Pads after the Dragon next week.

cool....

the only downside from your conversion is your adding close to 15lbs of upsprung weight at the front...

if it's possible, can you scale the rear drum so i can add it to my data ?

Yeah, do you just want the drum itself weighed or the whole knuckle with drum and shoes?

haha, i (stock ilx 2.4) lost to a 2012 civic lx coupe manual with p2r tbs, afe intake & ebay universal muffler....

i did have a bad launch, but r18 was to quick, by the time i catch up to the r18, it's already over...

this is the same lx racing a 190whp tuned & dyno'ed 2013 si....

wow. That's surprising. I would have thought the power difference would be too great for the LX to overcome.

edit: Also, Ill find a good scale and weight the brake parts all together and separately.

wow. That's surprising. I would have thought the power difference would be too great for the LX to overcome.

the secret to the r18 is 20lbs tires, 14lbs kosei & light weight wilwood bbk....

now we just swap his 20lbs tires to a 19lbs max performance tires, just remove another 4lbs of upsprung weight & he now can launch even harder

like i post at the project mu rotors, when people sees "13lbs upsprung weight shaved" most people feels nothing, but when they see 20whp gain, everyone jumps on it...

we are applying "mazda miata theory" to the civic r18

the last time we scale the lx coupe, with full tank, it's exactly 2605lbs

Back