DIY Clutch Delay valve Removal

now does any of this change when we disengauge traction control ?
with the valve in i mean .

no. the clutch slave and cdv valve have no electronic components, so TC and VSA won't have any effect on the clutch action and vice-versa

Last edited:
Alright so off it goes for me lol.....im tired of that 2nd gear grind when i wanna shift fast and that valve lags it on me:rantsmiley: thnks for the info

The only picture I see in post 1 is the picture of the pick tools. Anyone else unable to see the other images?

Are you using a work computer? Those images are linked from fb. "fbcdn-sphotos....". I can re-attach the pics directly to the forum.

That should do it. You should be able to see the pics now.

This looks a lot easier than it sounds after seeing the pictures. I have snap ring pliers too so this should be simple. I have DOT4 fluid and the SS line, so I might as well do this to reap the benefits.

ok so i did the cdv delete and now im smelling my clutch burning i know how to drive so im wondering if i didnt bleed the clutch right any suggestions????

ok so i did the cdv delete and now im smelling my clutch burning i know how to drive so im wondering if i didnt bleed the clutch right any suggestions????
Considering you said it was grabbing close to the floor, I'm gonna go ahead and say you need to bleed it again. Engagement point should be higher up than that

Well, tried it today and after trying to get the clip out for an hour, I give up. Had to reassemble everything which is only moderately difficult because of the tight space to work in, but that clip just would not come out. Fk Honda for not using a snap ring with the little holes in it for use with snap ring pliers (which I do own).

Well, tried it today and after trying to get the clip out for an hour, I give up. Had to reassemble everything which is only moderately difficult because of the tight space to work in, but that clip just would not come out. Fk Honda for not using a snap ring with the little holes in it for use with snap ring pliers (which I do own).
clip is easy to get out,all you need is a small pick and flat head.

You'll probably notice a much bigger difference if you ad a Dot4 brake fluid in your cmc and installing a stainless steel clutch line. :D

Nice DIY.
When you say add, you mean remove the Dot3 first, right?

Lol. Yeah.
I've wondered why when I do lazy shifts they're sometimes all f'd up. Different release points, etc. TBH, I've found that the best shifts are when still depressing the pedal, almost at the bottom. This is a must do mod! Now, it's been about 30 years since I bled a clutch, but IIRC, it's have donkey pumper in the car, pump the clutch several times 'til pedal is at top of travel, loosen bolt, have donkey tell you when it's to the floor, quickly tighten bolt, do it again 'til no bubbles in jar of fluid. DId I forget anything?

Last edited:
Back