Clutch Noise

I bought my 2013 Civic Si from Lute Riley Honda in Richardson TX in November 2015 with 44,000 miles on it. It was Certified Pre-owned. I paid $870 for the extended warranty because when I said I was worried about the clutch, the finance guy said it would cover it. (Yep, right there you can tell how bright I am, and how this will likely end.) At that time I was unaware of the Civic clutch noise phenomenon. I was just anxious about buying a used Si. Within a month it starting squealing. I went back to the dealer in February, and they said they “could not replicate it long enough to diagnose the cause.” Finally last fall the noise became more consistent, so I took it back. I provided links to the videos and testimonials of folks whose dealers stepped up for them. For those of you whose dealer took care of it for you, I’m jealous! Lute Riley Honda would not.
With it having such low miles, I would open up a ticket with Honda Corporate and see what they can do for you. In my experience, the dealership will change their tune real quick when Corporate gets involved, so it can't hurt to try. They know this is a problem (apparently it is the throw out bearing causing the noise) and will likely work with you if you lay down the law.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back