• A large amount of updates and changes have been implemented. Users who have been using tapaptalk will need to access the site in their phone browser. You should see a big difference between the desktop/tablet/phone styles to make navigation and site options easier to use. If you come across any strange behavior, or errors, please report them in this thread. If you have any issues logging into the site, please delete all 9thcivic cookies and then log into the site. https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/site-changes.16518/

Clutch Noise

Millions-Knives

Glad to hear it. I've heard this sound but at this point, it's completely random. Maybe only once a week. Did they try to get you to replicate the sound or just started the write-up on your word? Maybe they're familiar with the problem in the 2012 SI.

Bulkybear

I have around 5k miles on my Si and since like the 2nd week I've owned it there's been a very faint rattling noise from my tranny that goes away when the clutch is pushed in. Doesn't matter the gear, even does it in neutral. I had a tech ride with me and he said its nothing to worry about but to bring it back in if it gets loud. My best guess is a noisy throw out bearing.

TeeEyeVany

Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si w/Navi
Body Style
Coupe
Glad to hear it. I've heard this sound but at this point, it's completely random. Maybe only once a week. Did they try to get you to replicate the sound or just started the write-up on your word? Maybe they're familiar with the problem in the 2012 SI.

They never asked me to replicate because I told them about it when I brought the car in for an oil change and when they went to move the car from the lot into the garage it made the noise. Which I was surprised because whenever something like that happens it never makes the noise for the mechanic :P

brown_bear

Reston, Virginia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
ok sorry for being late, been VERY busy these past 2 days, they found NOTHING wrong with it :shady: , so I'm going to go to a closer Honda dealership since i went to the one that sold me my Si.

Dragos

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
4 Door Sedan
Struck out again but they did find a code DTC 112-21resistance excessive, no idea what that means
From what I know it has to do with the electrical system where the resistance of the system is bigger than expected. Many things can cause it most common it is a bad battery connection or it could be a fake error from who knows what else.

Edit: found a website with a much better explanation than mine :)

http://www.engine-light-help.com/voltage-drop.html

Last edited:

brown_bear

Reston, Virginia
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
ahhh thanks Dragos it was stored in the system when they ran a scanner...that can explain my random airbag light? and they told to just bring it right back in whenever it makes noise. so far it hasnt made the noise..