Clutch Noise

Glad to hear it. I've heard this sound but at this point, it's completely random. Maybe only once a week. Did they try to get you to replicate the sound or just started the write-up on your word? Maybe they're familiar with the problem in the 2012 SI.

I have around 5k miles on my Si and since like the 2nd week I've owned it there's been a very faint rattling noise from my tranny that goes away when the clutch is pushed in. Doesn't matter the gear, even does it in neutral. I had a tech ride with me and he said its nothing to worry about but to bring it back in if it gets loud. My best guess is a noisy throw out bearing.

Glad to hear it. I've heard this sound but at this point, it's completely random. Maybe only once a week. Did they try to get you to replicate the sound or just started the write-up on your word? Maybe they're familiar with the problem in the 2012 SI.

They never asked me to replicate because I told them about it when I brought the car in for an oil change and when they went to move the car from the lot into the garage it made the noise. Which I was surprised because whenever something like that happens it never makes the noise for the mechanic :P

ok sorry for being late, been VERY busy these past 2 days, they found NOTHING wrong with it :shady: , so I'm going to go to a closer Honda dealership since i went to the one that sold me my Si.

Struck out again but they did find a code DTC 112-21resistance excessive, no idea what that means
From what I know it has to do with the electrical system where the resistance of the system is bigger than expected. Many things can cause it most common it is a bad battery connection or it could be a fake error from who knows what else.

Edit: found a website with a much better explanation than mine :)

http://www.engine-light-help.com/voltage-drop.html

Last edited:
ahhh thanks Dragos it was stored in the system when they ran a scanner...that can explain my random airbag light? and they told to just bring it right back in whenever it makes noise. so far it hasnt made the noise..

Back