Early Dragon Run - May 18 - 22

Cool beans! Well I live about 20 minutes west of Nashville in Kingston Springs and we have a best western that I hear isn't to bad. Dennis lives a bit away in The Franklin area which is south of Nash. Obviously Nashville has a Sheraton and a lot of new hotel but I'm sure they are high dollar though. We can plan something for Saturday night or something a little closer to the day once you find out your schedule

But yeah, dinner Saturday night sounds good to me then head out Sunday morning. 3 hours from Nashville so bad!

Looking forward to setting something up!

Last edited:

Cool. Yeah I've been looking but I think I'm just going to borrow my dads tent and bring along my air mattress and camp out. 30$ each for 4 nights. He seemed down with that. Then I said "hell, our beer will cost more then that" haha

I know this is crazy... but if you'd rather save the $$$ for the gas tank (instead of the Lodge) i've got those 2 campsites at Fontana reserved, right down the street from the Lodge. So grab your sleeping bag and man up! Besides, that extra campsite is yours free of charge... my compliments. If the weather turns bad or we just can't hack it, we'll head down to MicroTel in Franklin or something...

Cool. Yeah I've been looking but I think I'm just going to borrow my dads tent and bring along my air mattress and camp out. 30$ each for 4 nights. He seemed down with that. Then I said "hell, our beer will cost more then that" haha

Sweet! Hope you didn't make reservations... 'cause you can have my extra one if you want.

I know this is crazy... but if you'd rather save the $$$ for the gas tank (instead of the Lodge) i've got those 2 campsites at Fontana reserved, right down the street from the Lodge. So grab your sleeping bag and man up! Besides, that extra campsite is yours free of charge... my compliments. If the weather turns bad or we just can't hack it, we'll head down to MicroTel in Franklin or something...
Hell yeah man that would be awesome! We haven't made any reservations yet! I think I'm down to staying until Thursday afternoon. I've got many vacation days. Just have to be at work on Friday. I'm not quite sure how long Dennis is going to stay yet.

Does anyone have any recommendations for car mounts. I'd like to shoot a little video of the drive without going balls deep into a goPro that I will only use a few times. I've been looking at the Montar mount. Looks decent enough
http://winnergear.com/product/car-mount/
That actually looks pretty nice. Should work. And great for a phone. Problem is, and you had no way of knowing, but I already borrowed my brother's GoPro black edition, almost brand new. (Thanks, bro! I never would have sprung for it!)

We'll probably need some extra tethers if we're going to share it, though. I'll snag a few more from Amazon before i leave. I've love it if everyone took their own Dragon vid.

Hell yeah man that would be awesome! We haven't made any reservations yet! I think I'm down to staying until Thursday afternoon. I've got many vacation days. Just have to be at work on Friday. I'm not quite sure how long Dennis is going to stay yet.

Hey, does your dad have anything to cook on... anything? Maybe just a grill for a firepit, or a little hibachi thing for a BBQ? Even a way to make hot water would be nice. All i'm bringing is my tent, bag and air mattress (yeah i'm a woos) so any extras you can bring would be awesome.

Are you camping out also??
Oh yeah. I checked out the campsites last year... right down by the Fontana Dam (near the bridge) very nice. Showers and everything. And quiet... i don't think generators are allowed. But i think beer might be... just maybe. :beer:

That actually looks pretty nice. Should work. And great for a phone. Problem is, and you had no way of knowing, but I already borrowed my brother's GoPro black edition, almost brand new. (Thanks, bro! I never would have sprung for it!)

We'll probably need some extra tethers if we're going to share it, though. I'll snag a few more from Amazon before i leave. I've love it if everyone took their own Dragon vid.
I remembering seeing in a previous post that you thought you were go to be able to borrow it. But yeah it will be cool if everyone is taking vids of the drive!:). I'll also be bringing my wife's canon 60D. (I had to beg) and I'm sure Dennis is bringing his Nikon.

Oh yeah. I checked out the campsites last year... right down by the Fontana Dam (near the bridge) very nice. Showers and everything. And quiet... i don't think generators are allowed. But i think beer might be... just maybe. :beer:
Sweet! I like quiet! I'm sure beer is okay. Do you happen to know if they have 110 outlets? (Blowing up my air mattress haha)

Hey, does your dad have anything to cook on... anything? Maybe just a grill for a firepit, or a little hibachi thing for a BBQ? Even a way to make hot water would be nice. All i'm bringing is my tent, bag and air mattress (yeah i'm a woos) so any extras you can bring would be awesome.
After you brought this up I got to thinking!! I have a canister smoker that can fit in my trunk?? I also have two deer tenderloins I've been meaning to smoke up that are in my freezer! But anyways you can move the coal bowl up to cook say hamburgers and hot dogs and what not. I also have several chunks hickory wood and I or someone else can pick up a bag of charcoal?? And I'll be bringing a cooler with a case of bottled water and beer:). Figure if I don't have to pay to sleep I can bring other goodies for the late nights!
Thanks again for the campsite!:)

Last edited:
Nice more people! Thats awesome! Ill be getting in on Sunday afternoon. Lodge room if you guys want to come up for showers and what not depending on how the campsite facilities are.

We'll probably arrive around 8 or 9 PM depending on how many stops we take. We'll probably head right for Robbinsville and crash and wait for the morning for meet and greets. We'll see how the trip down goes.

so first this got installed:
AUGlWH0.jpg

then these got mounted:
6LP7HEv.jpg

Aaaand now the car is just about ready for its first Dragon trip of 2014. It's a whole new ballgame.

Back