Full Race 9th Gen 3" Exhaust now ready!!

hey guys one of the test civics we used for our exhaust fitments was recently dynoed, it was a hot Arizona day (around 105 degrees Fahrenheit) so not a great comparison for internet bragging rights but ill ask him to post it up

Not sure why everyone is so eager to see a dyno. The gains will be minimal just like for any N/A 4-cyl with just a cat back exhaust. <5 peak HP is my guess. It looks like it's definitely a top notch piece though. I trust FR as much as any one in make a quality exhaust.

5 HP for the exhaust. 2 HP for the sticker.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

I just dont see how a 3inch is going to benefit our cars if you keep it NA. Your going to lose back pressure and power at a higher speed. Not the best fit for our engines. Also if this product is great (and I know Full Race has awesome products) then why is it taking so long for them to produce a dyno sheet considering this product has been out for over 5 months. Im just saying.

I just dont see how a 3inch is going to benefit our cars if you keep it NA. Your going to lose back pressure and power at a higher speed. Not the best fit for our engines. Also if this product is great (and I know Full Race has awesome products) then why is it taking so long for them to produce a dyno sheet considering this product has been out for over 5 months. Im just saying.

While I can't speak about the k24z7 just yet, I can't tell you the amount of people who assumed that same thing for the k20z3 and it just simply isn't true. The k20 loves to breathe and a 3" exhaust, even N/A, will outperform 70mm all day. K series engines seem to like bigger exhausts than your typical N/A 4-cyl. I guess the verdict is still out about the k24, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's very much the same.

That^^
Three inch exhaust showed gains on the 8th (k20z3) SI as mentioned. We shall see.

Dropped of the car today to have them fit and install the downpipe/highflow cat as well as the full exhaust. Can't wait to drive it tomorrow!! Awesome customer service on everything so far as well. Here's a pic of it as I left :)

87c23ff5.jpg

While I can't speak about the k24z7 just yet, I can't tell you the amount of people who assumed that same thing for the k20z3 and it just simply isn't true. The k20 loves to breathe and a 3" exhaust, even N/A, will outperform 70mm all day. K series engines seem to like bigger exhausts than your typical N/A 4-cyl. I guess the verdict is still out about the k24, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's very much the same.

I understand, but why are they taking so long to do a simple DYNO test?

Got the car back today and had so much fun driving it home! It sounds great! It defenitaly feels a little more responsive on the acceleration as well. Overall I would highly recommend this exhaust system :)

Well I believe they made the prototype off my car, but I don't know for sure. But I have the downpipe and high flow cat installed as well as the exhaust. I don't know what the ETA would be to have tem available to purchase though.

as of right now, the downpipe design is finalized and ~4 weeks until they are ready to ship like our exhausts. Available only with a high-flow cat option, it opens up the restrictive bottleneck in the factory exhaust. Hondata Flashpro should accompany these mods once it becomes available. We do not plan to offer it cat-less

Our guys at Full-Race are putting together some soundclip vids and photos to show where the bottleneck was, and where the gains will come from.

kojack/webby - We have a local AZ customer who's si was used for prototyping a few months back. He was not able to bring it to our dyno shop on any of the days we asked, so he independantly dynoed his Si at a different local az dyno shop. I asked him to send it to us but never heard back. I can link you to his profile on the forum if you would like to speak with him. As i have said before, we are waiting for our exhaust + downpipe + hondata to be ready so we can actually test. As of right now, on stock ecu, the gains are going to be minimal compared to what it should be with proper ecu tune

Back