fullrace or ultimate downpipe?

no im going to buy them at the same time.

Excellent. Make sure you get it properly tuned too. I started with both the full-race DP and exhaust and my car sounded like garbage. It ran alright, but not great. Night and day difference after getting a good base map. Let alone a fully calibrated tune.

Excellent. Make sure you get it properly tuned too. I started with both the full-race DP and exhaust and my car sounded like garbage. It ran alright, but not great. Night and day difference after getting a good base map. Let alone a fully calibrated tune.
alright great ill make sure i remember that. btw would you happen to know anything about the hybrid racing shifter cable bushings and if the make any difference from the oem bushings?

alright great ill make sure i remember that. btw would you happen to know anything about the hybrid racing shifter cable bushings and if the make any difference from the oem bushings?

I have them coupled with a shortshift adapter and base bushings. Everything is nice and smooth. Sixth became a bit notchy after I installed a rear engine mount, though. Not a big deal as it was kinda like that in the first place and I do not foresee the need for quick shifts into sixth. I plan on getting some MTEC springs soon, too.

Question. I'll be going back to PA and we got emissions each year. I wanna run a catless downpipe but Ill fail emissions. How much of a difference in performance difference is there cat vs no cat if I wanted to super charge later on

Question. I'll be going back to PA and we got emissions each year. I wanna run a catless downpipe but Ill fail emissions. How much of a difference in performance difference is there cat vs no cat if I wanted to super charge later on
In for the response on this one....I plan on getting a full race downpipe very soon and i was wondering the same thing. Here in texas we dont do smog tests(yet) but i believe either we have to have 1 or 2 cats cant remember, but even if its 2 i would get the catless if its that much of a difference on performance and sound?

They say a few ponys like 5 or 6 so if your supercharging i highly dought you will even actually notice only 5 or 6 on your butt dyno

I've been reading this thread and I have a couple of questions.

1. If you get the bolt ons (CAI, DP, cat-back exhaust) then you will or will not need a flash?
2. I am leaning towards the Full race DP and exhaust since people have been recommending it. The thing is if the noise issue will really matter with the cat or without the cat on the DP. From what has been mentioned earlier in the thread.
3. If I do get the flashpro, are there base maps for these bolt ons? (I have the Injen CAI currently installed)

I dont have the monies for the flash yet :(.
I also live in AZ so I will need to check emissions information to see if I will need the the DP with or without the cat but I havent looked for the info just yet.

1. Yes you will need a flash. The car ecu is only set up to be able to receive and put out so much air they tune for emissions. Usually with the dp even catted you will get a check engine light even with out the bung welded on. too much gets through the so called cat. the flash will shut off that sensor.
2. I had a full race dp and cat back and loved it. the cat on the dp is a "high flow cat" it doesn't do hardly anything beside take out the smell. i only had catted to pass emissions and even then i sold the car before I needed to get inspected! That combo has some volume to it but its not extremely loud.
3. Unless they updated some no. Your best bet is to get the flash pro tune combo from Vitviper. His tunes are incredible and very simple.

from personal experience i say wait till you have the money and do every thing all at once. I did this with my civic and i just did this on my sti. If you can't wait get the flash pro and tune first. just don't use the tune just use some base maps till you get enough money to get the other parts.
Hope this helps!

Back