George Zimmerman Trial?

The NAACP has called for the Justice Department to file civil rights charges against Zimmerman and urged the public to sign a petition to support the effort. "The most fundamental of civil rights -- the right to life -- was violated the night George Zimmerman stalked and then took the life of Trayvon Martin," the advocacy group said in a statement.

O'Mara said if anyone tries to sue Zimmerman, "we will seek and we will get civil immunity in a civil hearing. And we will see just how many civil lawsuits have spawned from this fiasco."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/13/justice/zimmerman-trial

It may seem that a public racial outcry played a role in this case because Zimmerman wasn't formally charged until after the media backlash gained traction, but proceedings began before. This is evidenced by the fact that Zimmerman was not charged (yet) with any racially motivated hate crimes. Zimmerman would have been charged with murder 2 regardless of his or Trayvon's race.

IMHO.... It's not just a race issue, but a "Politically Correct" Issue that's bringing about a constant dislike of everyone that doesn't agree with them/us. Which in turn keeps us fighting each other and our minds off the people in the control positions, bankers/politicians/etc.
From studying my Southern Irish roots, it's the industrial owners that create hate between the protestant/Catholic so they can pay low wages, and keep the heat off them, by making the Pro'/Cath' ppl fighting each other.(to simplify it).

Exactly.

While the killings in Chicago that happened a few days ago were barely being mentioned in the news/media.

The killings in Chicago are largely black-on-black crimes and are a dime a dozen. They are no longer news and little attention is paid to them. Since guns are illegal in Chicago, one wonders how this can happen.

The killings in Chicago are largely black-on-black crimes and are a dime a dozen. They are no longer news and little attention is paid to them. Since guns are illegal in Chicago, one wonders how this can happen.

...which the media portrays as something that doesn't matter to a group of population. If the killings happen again, I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes treated as another non-event.

It may seem that a public racial outcry played a role in this case because Zimmerman wasn't formally charged until after the media backlash gained traction, but proceedings began before. This is evidenced by the fact that Zimmerman was not charged (yet) with any racially motivated hate crimes. Zimmerman would have been charged with murder 2 regardless of his or Trayvon's race.

I must disagree. Zimmerman was not charged for 44 days after the shooting because the police knew there was insufficient evidence of an unlawful shooting. Only after the social unrest began, fueled by the media and the DOJ, did the state's attorney office fold and compel arrest and charging. They had no case and they knew it, in my opinion. Otherwise, the arrest would have taken place immediately and charges files immediately. The Obama DOJ has demonstrated a racial bias in favor of blacks in the past and, as attorney O'Mara stated, if Zimmerman had been black, there would have been no white scapegoat to pursue and harass. No evil white man would be involved and attorney general Holder could continue to spend his time ignoring the Black Panther Party's voter intimidation practices instead. The liberal media's mantra that Martin was just an innocent "child" is so much hogwash. They forget that the child, Martin, is the person who initiated the physical confrontation when he assaulted Zimmerman. All this is supported by physical evidence and testimony.

Protesters are laying on the streets posed as dead bodies...

They forget that the child, Martin, is the person who initiated the physical confrontation when he assaulted Zimmerman.
There was no physical evidence for that, only testimony. And, according to the law, like most supporters of Zimmerman have stated, it didnt matter who initiated the confrontation. The facts speak for themselves. There was no racial tension involved in this case at all, which is what the facts have shown. Only in the media. If you think there is, you may have a preoccupation with race. Zimmerman was charged, according to the affidavit of probable cause the judge signed, because he shot and killed an unarmed teenager, and there were no witnesses. It's irrelevant that the other prosecutors didnt think they could convict. An investigation needed to occur, and fortunately for Zimmerman, the facts weighed in his favor. Keep in mind, according to due process, you don't need as much evidence to bring charges as you do to convict. They had enough evidence to charge, they did not have enough, after an investigation, to convict. According to the evidence presented to get a charge, Zimmerman would have been charged even if the media or any pundits never mentioned a word about it. There was also never any white scapegoat within the facts of the case, because Zimmerman was himself a minority, and not white.

There was no physical evidence for that, only testimony. And, according to the law, like most supporters of Zimmerman have stated, it didnt matter who initiated the confrontation. The facts speak for themselves. There was no racial tension involved in this case at all, which is what the facts have shown. Only in the media. If you think there is, you may have a preoccupation with race. Zimmerman was charged, according to the affidavit of probable cause the judge signed, because he shot and killed an unarmed teenager, and there were no witnesses. I believe there was a witness to this. The prosecution witness who was a neighbor and saw Martin on top, raining down blows on Zimmerman. It's irrelevant that the other prosecutors didn't think they could convict. An investigation needed to occur, and fortunately for Zimmerman, the facts weighed in his favor. Keep in mind, according to due process, you don't need as much evidence to bring charges as you do to convict. They had enough evidence to charge, they did not have enough, after an investigation, to convict. And yet, they saw fit to bring this to trial anyway. All the money spent, putting Zimmerman and his family through all this nonsense, putting the nation through all this angst, deepening the racial divide, and for what? To try to win a case they knew they did could not win. Who in their right mind could think they could find six OBJECTIVE jurors who would ignore the injuries sustained by Zimmerman and not see the strength of Zimmerman's self-defense case. Again, for what? To prevent riots? That's quite a precedent to set! If the Florida State's Attorney's brought these charges to prevent a social uprising, and they must have since they knew they did not have the evidence to convict, they have lost sight of their role. According to the evidence presented to get a charge, Zimmerman would have been charged even if the media or any pundits never mentioned a word about it. There was also never any white scapegoat within the facts of the case, because Zimmerman was himself a minority, and not white. Zimmerman had a white father and a Hispanic mother. Whether that makes him a minority or not, I don't know. His name though was not Hispanic, and the media did little but focus on the evil white part of Zimmerman. The DOJ would have had little interest in the case if it did not present another opportunity to practice reverse racism. This behavior does nothing but antagonize and deepen the divide between between blacks and others.

I think justice was done for Zimmerman, finally, at the state level. Trayvon Martin's folks have received the justice they said they wanted. Not a conviction necessarily, but a trial and a fair hearing.

I'm done now in this thread. It is too upsetting for me to think about. You are welcome to the last word.

Last edited:
I think all of the 35 y/o blond women and 25 y/o jewish guys were busy that day.

Do these people not have jobs? I just cannot understand how these protestors can be so blind to the truth of what happened and find fault with the jury's verdict.

I think all of the 35 y/o blond women and 25 y/o jewish guys were busy that day.

Maybe some protested, but not violently.

Do these people not have jobs? I just cannot understand how these protestors can be so blind to the truth of what happened and find fault with the jury's verdict.

You know a majority of the people don't know the details on the trial or even followed it.

You're probably right Dar-Dar. Maybe they're just being stirred up by the Al Sharptons of the world. Everything that has come out since the trial ended pointed to the fact race was not a consideration in the event that unfolded. Even the FBI's investigation said there was no racial aspect to the shooting.

I fear Eric Holder is going to keep this thing going and keep racial tensions at a boiling point until something tragic happens.

I would be interested to see how she ends up doing now that this gift has been dropped at her feet. Will she squander this opportunity, or take advantage of it?

I think it's great she is getting this help. I only wish more people would step up and help out like that. Kudos to Tom Joyner for doing this. I wish Rush Limbaugh or Sean Hannity had stepped up and made this happen. It's possible though she would not have accepted this gift from them.

By the way, I emailed Tom Joyner, told him I was a white conservative and praised him for his action. Here is his email address if you'd like to do the same:

http://blackamericaweb.com/email-tom-joyner/

Last edited:
Police: George Zimmerman rescues family after crash

George Zimmerman helped rescue an unidentified family trapped in an overturned vehicle on a Florida highway, FOX News reports.

Sanford Police Department Capt. Jim McAuliffe told Fox News that Zimmerman, 29, was identified by a crash victim as the man who pulled him from the mangled vehicle.

"George Zimmerman pulled me out," firefighters were told by the unidentified driver, according to McAuliffe.

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office said the single-car accident occurred July 17 at approximately 5:45 pm. and involved a blue Ford Explorer SUV that had left the road and rolled over.

The sheriff's office said there were four occupants inside -- two parents and two children.

The responding deputy said that when he arrived, two men -- one of whom was Zimmerman -- had already gotten the family out of the overturned vehicle.

Zimmerman was not a witness to the crash and left after making contact with the deputy, the sheriff's office said.

There were no reports of injuries to the vehicle occupants.

Zimmerman not been seen publicly since his acquittal in the murder of Trayvon Martin earlier this month.

Article from: http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/22902435/police-george-zimmerman-rescues-family-after-crash

I did not hear this story on MSNBC, CNN or HLN.... only Fox. Maybe the story was there and I just missed it. I guess I need to pay closer attention. Good thing for the family a "wannabe COP" was in the area to help.

Back