Health/Fitness Routines?

I can NOT stand running, which is why it's such a struggle for me to motivate myself to do so. Even when I was in great shape I hated it. That's why I started doing HIIT. Same, or more caloric burn as running for distance, in about half the time. I haven't really read up on how long that lasts, or if there's any certain point where it starts to become less beneficial. But for now, it's been working great.

I hate running too, but it helps with cardio and endurance.

what do you do for core exercises?

You can try this and just do about 10 reps each. The workout can last you less than 5min.

The workouts I hate are side leg raises. :bleh:

Don't be too hard on yourself bro! I know guys that are 6' tall and 230 or so and BF% is about 8-10%. Not fat at all. The numbers don't mean **** really. 165 is lean as long as you've got muscle. I started at 165 at 6' as was tired of being called skinny so I changed that!View attachment 25516
nice build, I'm not near there. IDK my body fat % but it isn't much muscle. I'm thin figured now with a lil belly and some boobs but nice shoulders and arms.

5 more lbs hopefully in 2 weeks and then I'm jumping on the weight conversion train from fat to muscle.

I do a lot of cardio with mild weight lifting and minor freebody training ie chinups, pushups, handball etc.

Next month I'm hitting the gym and going to convert my weight to muscle. I'm happy @ 165-170 I am like a ball of energy.

27 years old and up until my early 20's just was overweight and wasn't happy with my physique.

lol that's not fat...
2 years ago I was 5'11" 280 lbs....
now 6'2" 220-225

growing and losing weight was harder than losing weight alone

it wasn't obese in the sense but I was def fat, still feel it sometimes but I look good now and feel great and love training.

I'll post some pics in a bit...

nice build, I'm not near there. IDK my body fat % but it isn't much muscle. I'm thin figured now with a lil belly and some boobs but nice shoulders and arms.

5 more lbs hopefully in 2 weeks and then I'm jumping on the weight conversion train from fat to muscle.

I do a lot of cardio with mild weight lifting and minor freebody training ie chinups, pushups, handball etc.

Next month I'm hitting the gym and going to convert my weight to muscle. I'm happy @ 165-170 I am like a ball of energy.

27 years old and up until my early 20's just was overweight and wasn't happy with my physique.
Yeah the worst thing in the gym is I don't care what anyone says but us guys are just as catty as women when it comes to our physics, we are always comparing ourselves to other dudes like wish my chest was as big as his, or my arms looked like his and on and on etc etc...and then were stupid about lifts and push ourselves beyond muscularly where we are and get hurt. It can really take a hold of you if you let it and ruin your self esteem, no one is immune to this mentality. Society also plays a big role in this I disposition too. I just want to look good and be healthy.

I hear that but fortunately that isn't me I just want a tight body @ around 165-175 lbs.

No desire to be shredded, or big, or have an 8 pack it just isn't my style.

F1EC42F7-374C-4068-907C-39B04F52C22C-10803-000003EA7B6194AB.jpg

92812DC0-1430-47C4-815C-618F55C0CADF-10803-000003EA4E3FB367.jpg

8373FD06-39B0-499A-A092-F1AB6BDBB9CB-10803-000003EA21DD30A8.jpg

4A3FA294-70A4-4F56-A8DD-E537C869C925-10803-000003EA1245F0F4.jpg

27E9FEEC-10C2-4B03-B700-FAB99B5948E0-10803-000003EA0A74A41F.jpg

I will tone up quickly once I hit weights for now I just do 2-3 times a week 20 minute workouts on my shoulders and back w/ light weight (around 100-120 lbs depending what I'm doing)

You guys don't know what fat is lol I'm 5'7" 260lbs as of today when I went to my doctors for some Vicodin haha word of advice when lifting heavy if you feel something pulling don't keep going lol especially if you had back surgery in the past

ditto

also w/e you eat, pass on the cheese and mayo, bbq sauce etc.

then a month later convert your breads into wholewheat.

I still have 3-4 cheater meals a week the key is to naturally not desire potato bread etc.

start by passing on the small things the body and mind takes over after that.

just when getting food say "no cheese please" mayo? "no thank you"

watch a month later you're 10 lbs lighter and feel better than PASS on the sodas I never drink soda except at like a bbq.

Yeah, sugary drinks is a big one for some people. So easy to cut out.

I drink nothing but water. And beers, I limit myself to 0-2 on the week days and pretty much don't worry about it on the weekends/special occasions.

I drink coffee, water, milk, and orange juice. I try to stay away from sodas and I drink beer like every weekend, sometimes weeknights. Lol.

Coffee will help you maintain a high metabolism. As well as eating spicy foods.

my goal is to get down to at least 220 and keep my weights up right now at 260 i hit a peak at 385x3 +1 assisted on bench wanted to enter the barbell competition next year but at 220 must be able to 405x5 minimal but really dont know how to diet

Be VERY CAREFUL with CrossFit, my friend is a Doctorate Trauma Physical Therapist and he mentioned how his case load increased over 25% the past two years from CrossFit related injuries that needed various treatments ranging from minor physical therapy to major reconstructive surgery. It seems most of those instructors aren't properly educated, certified or regulated and they push their clients into performing exercises with very poor form along with too much weight.

Just wondering what everyone does for health/fitness routines?
Personally, I LOOOOOOOVEEEEE junk food so I've got to work out to try and keep my weight in check. I'd been kickboxing for about a year and a half but my MMA gym where I took it recently closed. I just started Crossfit about 3 weeks ago to replace the kickboxing and I really like it so far but is it ever kicking my a$$! Anyone else have a preferred activity when it comes to getting into or staying in shape?

Last edited:
CrossFit is garbage. It is merely smoke and mirrors to make something that takes hard work and dedication and turn it into something fun. All at the expense of personal injury.

Be VERY CAREFUL with CrossFit, my friend is a Doctorate Trauma Physical Therapist and he mentioned how his case load increased over 25% the past two years from CrossFit related injuries that needed various treatments ranging from minor physical therapy to major reconstructive surgery. It seems most of those instructors aren't properly educated, certified or regulated and they push their clients into performing exercises with very poor form along with too much weight.
I find our gym is pretty good, our trainers are all certified (which I think they have to be here) and take mandatory annual refresher courses. If they see you lifting and your form is wrong they make you dial back the weight until you're getting it right... which I know from personal experience, lol. Been doing it for over a year now and not a single injury or strain, unless you count the time I dropped a weight on my foot but that was kind of my own fault :D

Last edited:
Back