Just redid my grill. Much better airflow

3udysynu.jpg
6uma6u9e.jpg

looks mean man. what kind of headlights are those?

@Mikeorock rofl! that's amazing!!! like they say... great minds think alike. We've even got the same headlights and car color as well which makes it even better.

Haha .. I know its funny.. I was all ready to show off the grill thinkin no ones ever thought about it.. Then i look through and see your car.. Damn.. Beet me to it

Any pointers on how?? Yours looks professional.. Im trying to figure out how to do it nice

well what i did was measure the hole, then cut the mesh with about ~2 inches extra on each side. Then just lay it down flush with the tabs that hold in the original piece and carefully start cutting very small holes JUST for the tabs to fit through (so little smaller then an inch long and only like 1/4 inch wide). So then by the end of the cutting you're left with a sheet of mesh that has holes in the shape of of the grill. Then set it in there and push the mesh all the way down and very carefully start bending the excess mesh to fit so that it sorta hugs that lip. Then you can find whatever works for you to glue it down, but Amazing Automotive Goop works very well and i caked that **** on there. It takes a few hours to dry, but it dries clear and it's very tough.

Cool.. Thankss.. Yea it reAlly makes a huge difference.. Now you have air hitting the whole intercooler.. Cooling the air twice as much.. Car feels and looks much better.. One of the best things i did..

8y3e7ave.jpg
pytybuvu.jpg
e3ege9am.jpg
well what i did was measure the hole, then cut the mesh with about ~2 inches extra on each side. Then just lay it down flush with the tabs that hold in the original piece and carefully start cutting very small holes JUST for the tabs to fit through (so little smaller then an inch long and only like 1/4 inch wide). So then by the end of the cutting you're left with a sheet of mesh that has holes in the shape of of the grill. Then set it in there and push the mesh all the way down and very carefully start bending the excess mesh to fit so that it sorta hugs that lip. Then you can find whatever works for you to glue it down, but Amazing Automotive Goop works very well and i caked that **** on there. It takes a few hours to dry, but it dries clear and it's very tough.
Also,, i am about to order a mesh grill.. The i dont want to make the intercooler very visible.. The differences in the ones i want are 60% air flow and 77% air flow.. I wonder how bad it will affect performance

I really like the first bit that 60%.. Im gonna go with silver so it stands out better then paint it later if i have to.. What do you think? Will it really make a difference??? 60 vs 77??

Back