k24 motor eats oil again???

still eating oil going through a oil consumption test again. Im not the only one either. will be sending the result to honda. service manager says its going to need a new motor. went one week and a quart low. less than 300 miles

your car ate a quart of oil in under 300 miles??

Man crazy new motor ehh.... I have noticed some consumption by 5k...will be switching to mobile on my first change next week and we will see if it stops.

so when you said - you weren't the only one.... that dealership has other 2012's that are having this issue?

I'm guessing that was the result on the previous week?... and then this week he didn't have any loss of oil. Like honda is having him do weekly visits?

totally guessing - because that post confused me too

I just went home and checked my oil it is down about a quart. I did check it when I bought the car and was full. I have 3000 miles on the car now.also have the reflash. Guess its time to get my first oil change .

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

My K20Z3 ate oil, albeit not a quart every 300 miles, but I would never let it go without checking the oil at least once a week.

Hell, the owner's manual for my vette says to check the oil level on my LS3 everytime I get gas.

Engines that are intended to be pushed, tend to use more oil than what's customarily expected. However, your situation sounds extreme.

My friend works at a local honda, I asked if he had any 2012 si's on the lot when I last visited him a week ago, he said all of them are having oil consumption issues and they do not know why yet, hope they can figure it out.

My K20Z3 ate oil, albeit not a quart every 300 miles, but I would never let it go without checking the oil at least once a week.

Hell, the owner's manual for my vette says to check the oil level on my LS3 everytime I get gas.

Engines that are intended to be pushed, tend to use more oil than what's customarily expected. However, your situation sounds extreme.
The sevrice manual in the si says the same thing.

Back