k24 motor eats oil again???

My Si is giving me the "check oil level" light occasionally, usually just comes on for a sec when I hit the brakes. Not everytime, even if I stop hard. I've checked the oil each time I fill up and it's still pretty full. I'm thinkin I should take it to the dealer and see what they have to say. Anyone have similiar problems?

yes i had that problem on the last 3 hondas ive owned. when that light comes on its one of two things normally. low on oil or the mechanical piece that spits the oil around is not getting enough oil when its being requested. deffentily take it in to have it checked.

I have a 2012 si black coupe, with only 3200 miles on it. At 1900 miles I had to put 2 quarts of oil in it, the check oil light came on. I took it to my dealer and they said to watch the oil level and let us know if it goes down again in the next 1200 miles. Well it was down another quart after just 1200 miles! I took it back to the dealership and they said it was within Honda specs to use this much oil! Now they said to come back at 5000 miles or before if it is using more oil! Does anybody else have this problem with oil consumption??

i have 3891 miles on my civic and the oil life is at 50% and the oil level low light comes on. I bring it in to service and its got only 1 quart of oil in the pan. no leaks nothing. Same problem i had with my 2010 accord coupe k24 motor. That motor was fixed with a update tho. Any one else with the same thing going on????
I have the same problem with mine! I had to put 2 quarts in at 1900 miles! What is your dealer saying to you?

seems a few members of this site have this issue... keep a watch on the oil levels and please post your updates here. I know there were others who said they were not running into vtec much at all and still had oil loss.

1 quart in a 1000 miles is not acceptable on a new car even if Honda says it is. That rule of thumb dates back to the 60's. However, a new engine will burn a little and it may subside in a while. You really need to get on it and do some wide open throttle runs, being easy on the engines is bad for break-in.

I have 1800 miles on my Si and it was a quart low. I took it into the dealer. They said it is normal for the Si to go through a quart of oil every 1500 miles. Which sounds absolutely crazy to me. I can't recall exact numbers but I believe my owners manual says I should expect to get 4000-8000 miles before an oil change is needed. If it losses a quart every 1500 I'll be lucky to even have oil in it to change.

I took mine to the dealership today. I have 1800 miles, most of which were lower rpms, not a lot of vtec. It was a quart low, the service manat talked to the Honda rep and he said si's tend to eat about a quart of oil every 1500 miles or so. He has me scheduled to come back in after another 1000 miles to check oil consumption again.

did you take it to the dealership specifically because of the oil level?

I may have to ask users to check oil levels in a site wide newsletter. Seems either people aren't checking their levels, or some people aren't being affected by this.

I drove my si hard after the first 1000 and drove to miami from charlotte 750+ miles it ate almost all of the oil. After changing the oil on 5000 tell now 6800 always drive it hard not a single drop is gone same level. Why? I dont know.

My si only burns oil when I drive on the interstate and put on about 600 miles. It started at 1900 miles and now at 3200 miles it used about 1 quart at 1200 miles. I have never had to check oil levels in any new car i owned as often as you have to on this one! They are saying to watch it and bring it back in at 5000 miles to check it. I think it is B.S. to bring it in so much for oil consumption!

Back