Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

You don't have central AC? Dang... ;)
That’s a norm here in Seattle. With the market like it is, I’m looking at upgrading my furnace to a heat pump with AC capability and go tankless water heater due to space limitations where the water heater is. But that’s part of a much larger house remodel that we’re going to be looking at doing

Well. Arrived in Canada just fine. Media makes travelling sound much worse. Took about an hour and 45 minutes to get out of the airport. Second covid test was a breeze.

What's everyone use for valve stems? I used some metal bolt in one's for my xxrs but I'm thinking of just using rubber ones for my new rims.

What's everyone use for valve stems? I used some metal bolt in one's for my xxrs but I'm thinking of just using rubber ones for my new rims.

Mine used to be metal, but the tire shop took them after my first tire swap and now they're rubber. They took some of my valve stem caps, too, but that's another story.

I have some metal ones in the wheels that I bought, never used metal ones before so I guess we will see.

Mine used to be metal, but the tire shop took them after my first tire swap and now they're rubber. They took some of my valve stem caps, too, but that's another story.

I'm ready for a story! :popcorn:

I have some metal ones in the wheels that I bought, never used metal ones before so I guess we will see.

I'm ready for a story! :popcorn:

So back when I originally changed my wheels to what I have currently, I took them to the local Discount Tire. I waited for like 2 hours for them to mount and balance my existing still-good tires onto the new-to-me wheels. I knew they were probably taking longer because ... well, the wheels weren't new, and they probably had to stick a buncha weights on them to balance them. This was only partially true; What had *really* happened was that it looked like there was some sort of mismatch between what was on the wheel and what the tire needed, so they changed my valve stems out. In doing so, it made my valve caps not fit-- which is probably why they were all missing. I had a few extras at home, but they no longer went all the way down the thread, so I knew they were different. I only noticed later that they weren't metal anymore.

I had a local Discount tires take some Rays valve caps before. I went to complain and they denied it even though I noticed 10 mins after they worked on the car.

They ended up refunding me $40. Then bought some knockoff caps for $10 online.

Also kinda funny that I need some new valve stem caps for the R at this time. Aired the tires up a few days ago and must have forgotten to put 2 of them back on and they have gone missing now.

So back when I originally changed my wheels to what I have currently, I took them to the local Discount Tire. I waited for like 2 hours for them to mount and balance my existing still-good tires onto the new-to-me wheels. I knew they were probably taking longer because ... well, the wheels weren't new, and they probably had to stick a buncha weights on them to balance them. This was only partially true; What had *really* happened was that it looked like there was some sort of mismatch between what was on the wheel and what the tire needed, so they changed my valve stems out. In doing so, it made my valve caps not fit-- which is probably why they were all missing. I had a few extras at home, but they no longer went all the way down the thread, so I knew they were different. I only noticed later that they weren't metal anymore.

I had a local Discount tires take some Rays valve caps before. I went to complain and they denied it even though I noticed 10 mins after they worked on the car.

They ended up refunding me $40. Then bought some knockoff caps for $10 online.

Also kinda funny that I need some new valve stem caps for the R at this time. Aired the tires up a few days ago and must have forgotten to put 2 of them back on and they have gone missing now.

Discount Tire has a laundry list of stories like this. We used to use them to order tires on the rare occasion that we needed one for a wrecked car and we would bring the cars down and have them swap the tires and mount the wheels and we would have damaged wheels as a result. Maybe it's the area and the type of employees they attract but you would really expect more from a National chain. I had that same store mount some lawn mower tires for my FIL and a "10 minute" job took all day

Back