Mother Of All Whore Threads Non-VIP Edition v.1

Yeah, but add the same mods to the GTI and the VW is now faster.

Always “hate” when people try to compare a modded car versus a stock car. Not picking on you @Janz3n I just see that argument allllll the time on the interwebz
im not trying to compare my modded car to my dads stock car. i know the gti will be faster with mods. but thats just extra money id have to put into it on top of 5 years of larger payments.

im not trying to compare my modded car to my dads stock car. i know the gti will be faster with mods. but thats just extra money id have to put into it on top of 5 years of larger payments.
I wouldn’t buy anything right now. The market is absolutely ridiculous. I priced out a 10th Gen Accord last month and it would’ve set me back around $700 a month. It’s the interest rates that are killing any hopes and dreams. I’m hoping Carvana goes under and the market is flooded with inventory.

I ran my civic into 3 feet of water. VSA stalled my engine. I made the mistake of turning it over under water. Only one quick time I knew I wasn't going to start. Next day I drained half water half oil. I pulled the plugs out blew water out of the heads. I put regular oil and some marvel mystery oil with it. I kept the plugs out for awhile and just turned it over like 50 times. Put the plugs back in and ran it for about 2 miles. I drained that out and it was like chocolate milk. Then I put synthetic back in and the car is running good now. I only been about 200 miles since this happened but car is running fine no smoke either. Only thing I worry about now is water got into the transmission.
that is crazy. I hope you can salvage the engine & transmission without any further issues.

===========

How does water get into the transmission?

There are plenty of ways for water to find its way into the transmission. Figuring out where the water came from is tricky. Water can come from the radiator or an external source. All transmissions have a cooling line that runs to the radiator. A separate fluid passage circulates the transmission fluid through a portion of the radiator to cool the fluid. Sometimes, a leak develops in the radiator between the coolant passage and the transmission fluid passage, and coolant gets into the radiator.

One good pass through a deep puddle can soak the unit’s insides. Or if the car stalls in a flash flood rainstorm at a low spot in the road.

All transmissions have a vent to maintain equal barometric pressure inside of the transmission. If the vehicle is driven through water (as in a flood) and the water level is at or above the vent, the water will cool the unit lowering the internal temperature and water is drawn inside of the transmission.

On other cars, rainwater leaks into the fluid, usually through the dipstick tube. Moisture can effortlessly enter the transmission if the dipstick was sprayed during an engine cleaning, or in some situations, water draining from rain or a carwash drips onto the dipstick. Some cars have actually been recalled for a poorly positioned dipstick tube which allowed water to seep into the transmission.

everytime i drive the MIL honda fit i send way too much time researching k swaps for it.

Back